Last Name and First Name Backwards

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
bellcb

Last Name and First Name Backwards

Post by bellcb »

For some reason, my name in LDS tools is showing as First Name, Last Name (Example: John, Doe). However, for my wife and kids it shows normally. Has anyone else experienced this? If so -- what needs to be done to fix it?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Last Name and First Name Backwards

Post by russellhltn »

I'm pretty sure you're going to have to talk to your ward clerk to get that fixed.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

I do not think the ward clerk will be able to help if it shows correctly for others. It sounds as if there is a database problem or other problem with the installation of your LDS Tools app.

Have your family sync and check again. You should also. Then, if everything is still good for them and not for you, you might consider installing the app again. And if that does not work, it would be time to send feedback through the app to see if the developers have a clue.

If your family begins having the same problem after they sync, ask your ward clerk to fix the recording of your name.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

bellcb wrote:However, for my wife and kids it shows normally.
Please clarify. Are you saying their names show normally on your device, or that your name shows normally on their devices?

If the former, I think you need to talk to the clerk. If the latter, it's probably a programming bug. Which OS are you on and which screen are you seeing this?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

You'll need to work with your clerk. It looks like your preferred name is entered backwards compared to your full name.

Return to “Member Tools”