Out of Unit Bishopric member in YSA ward no longer have access to YSA information

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
NPAlemany

Re: Out of Unit Bishopric member in YSA ward no longer have access to YSA information

Post by NPAlemany »

Brother Jones, Your original question was "when members of the YSA sync do they see the OOU bishopric member?" I just heard from a member of the YSA Ward...after syncing the app, Yes, they do see the OOU bishopric member's information.
TLoken

Re: Out of Unit Bishopric member in YSA ward no longer have access to YSA information

Post by TLoken »

I am having the same issue. I have an Out of Unit calling in a Spanish Branch and am also an assistant stake clerk. When looking in MLS and lds.org/LCR I am in my home ward. However, when anyone looks in LDS Tools app my family and I are in the Spanish branch. I sent an email to LDS Tools and they stated that I should contact the stake clerk (me).

I do not believe that there is anything that we can do locally as I appear in my home ward in MLS and LCR on lds.org.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

TLoken wrote:However, when anyone looks in LDS Tools app my family and I are in the Spanish branch.
Are you saying that if you use LDS Tools, you can find yourself in your home ward, or, are you saying that if you look yourself up by name, LDS Tools is claiming you belong to the Spanish branch?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
TLoken

Post by TLoken »

In LDS Tools I am in the out of unit branch, in MLS I am in my home ward, and on lds.org I am in my home ward. Trying to get LDS Tools to match MLS and lds.org.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

What LDS Tools operating system is involved - Andriod, iOS, or Windows?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
TLoken

Post by TLoken »

iOS. I talked with some other folks with Android and they do not seem to have the issue. I was going to push my records to the Spanish branch and then send them back to see if that fixes the issue.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

TLoken wrote:iOS. I talked with some other folks with Android and they do not seem to have the issue. I was going to push my records to the Spanish branch and then send them back to see if that fixes the issue.
Be aware that if you do that your calling in the system will be removed when your records move out of the branch.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jonesrk wrote:Be aware that if you do that your calling in the system will be removed when your records move out of the branch.
Good luck moving your records back once that happens. And when they do get back into your ward, you'll need someone to put you back into your calling.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

russellhltn wrote:
jonesrk wrote:Be aware that if you do that your calling in the system will be removed when your records move out of the branch.
Good luck moving your records back once that happens. And when they do get back into your ward, you'll need someone to put you back into your calling.
You do have a bit of a buffer now, the same overnight process that gives you rights after you add a calling is what takes away rights. I have been working with the rights team and I hope that we will have near real time rights updating happening.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

This is a bug in LDS Tools for iOS: Out-of-unit members serving in another ward in their stake don't show up in their home ward. The problem has been identified and will be fixed in LDS Tools 3.2.0, which should be available this week or next. Thanks for reporting it!
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Member Tools”