Statistics of Pictures in LDS Tools

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
diet_rich08

Statistics of Pictures in LDS Tools

Post by diet_rich08 »

Does anyone know if there is a way to track how many members have their pictures uploaded into lds tools/lds.org? I'm a stake clerk and my Stake President wants to find out how each ward is doing in this regard.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Statistics of Pictures in LDS Tools

Post by russellhltn »

The only way I know is to open the directory and start counting.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Here's a quick way to count the household photos for a given ward in the LDS.org Directory:
1. Use the dropdown to choose which ward in your stake you want to see.
2. Click the "Photos" tab.
3. Go to "View Source" in your browser.
4. Search the source for "householdPhoto" (without the quote marks). It should show the number of occurrences, which is equal to the number of household photos in the ward.

If you have edit rights for photos in your ward, you may be able to do something similar in the Manage Photos tab. I see a reference to "memberPhoto" when I look at the Photos tab source, which I'm guessing could be used to see how many individual photos there are, but the Photos tab only seems to show household photos for me. Maybe someone with better access rights could explore a little further.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
diet_rich08

Post by diet_rich08 »

Thanks for the tip sbradshaw. I did make some headway on this (at least for the adults, which is our focus anyway). My workflow is as follows (I used Chrome):
1. Using Member Directory (not the membership list in LCR)
a. bring up organizations and then select "adults" (could do the same as for deacons, laurels, etc, but there is no "youth")
b. Hit F12 (Inspect elements) and then search (cntrl + F) for the following (I had to close and reopen the inspect elements window each time I changed a ward or organization to make sure that I was searching the correct page’s code):
i. nophoto_medium.gif
1. Next to the search box a total number of occurrences is displayed. This number is the number of individuals without individual photos +1 (i.e. overestimates the non-photo holders by 1)
2. This can be compared to the number of adults in the ward, which is most easily found in LCR by going to Reports->Unit Statistics
a. It should be noted that for the adults and female organizations, this works great. However, for priesthood quorums, the directory is sorted by priesthood office while the unit statistics are sorted by age (so the totals don't match up)
jirp

Post by jirp »

You probably need to count manually if you want numbers that mean something. Remember there is a family photo and individual photos and some people are doing 1 or the other. So a husband and wife might have 1,2, or 3 photos listed. To know how many adults have pictures up you probably need to count individual photos while ignoring family photos to have a good number.
diet_rich08

Post by diet_rich08 »

UPDATE to NOV 6 post. The method described only counts the number of photos that have loaded onto the page in question. I have noticed that sometimes all the photos don't load. Barring a better option (manually counting can have the same problem), we have decided to make sure to wait for the page to load completely before hitting F12, and also before that scrolling up and down the list to make sure that it appears that all of the photos have loaded.

Return to “Member Tools”