LDS tools Temple worker lists

Any discussions around the LDS Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
dt_richards

LDS tools Temple worker lists

Postby dt_richards » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:15 pm

Our Temple is encouraging us to use LDS Tools to find other workers when we need a substitute. Recently a Shift coordinator Told Us that this was now functional for his stake (Salem) Try as I might I cannot find out how to find this function in tools. Is it activated for the Mapleton stake and if so how can I access the list?

David Richards

dt.richards45@gmail.com

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: LDS tools Temple worker lists

Postby russellhltn » Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:00 pm

You didn't say what your calling is. Even if it is activated for your stake, it's only available to those whose calling has been recorded correctly for a position that the church feels should have access to that list. I could see a Shift Coordinator having access, but I'm not sure as Temple Workers would.

Even then, there can be issues with LDS Tools on different platforms (iOS, Android, Windows) getting features at different times.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

drepouille

Postby drepouille » Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:24 pm

There is no standard calling I am aware of for temple ordinance workers, so I don't know what you would look for even if this were true.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Postby scgallafent » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:59 am

This is not a "function" in LDS Tools or anything that can be "activated." The Salem Stake has added a custom calling at the stake level for all of the ordinance, baptistry, and veil workers in the stake. Other temple workers in the stake can look at the stake callings to see a list of temple workers and then use that to start making calls to find a substitute. You may want to visit with your stake presidency and see if they are willing to do the same thing in your stake.

zaneclark

Postby zaneclark » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:25 pm

scgallafent wrote:This is not a "function" in LDS Tools or anything that can be "activated." The Salem Stake has added a custom calling at the stake level for all of the ordinance, baptistry, and veil workers in the stake. Other temple workers in the stake can look at the stake callings to see a list of temple workers and then use that to start making calls to find a substitute. You may want to visit with your stake presidency and see if they are willing to do the same thing in your stake.

And i'm guessing this custom calling is still through MLS, not LCR?

scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Postby scgallafent » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:31 pm

zaneclark wrote:And i'm guessing this custom calling is still through MLS, not LCR?

The callings are entered in LCR. You can't manage callings in MLS.

Return to “LDS Tools”