Senior Missionaries access

Any discussions around the LDS Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
frankmc

Senior Missionaries access

Postby frankmc » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:09 am

As senior missionaries we don't receive mission-issued devices. With our records remaining in our home wards we apparently have no access to members/wards where we are assigned. Is there a method to be granted such access?

drepouille

Re: Senior Missionaries access

Postby drepouille » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:51 pm

While I am not sure how appropriate this solution is for missionaries, your ward clerk can create an out-of-unit member record for you using LCR here:
https://www.lds.org/mls/mbr/records/out-of-unit-members/find-member
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

jdlessley
Community Moderators

Postby jdlessley » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:54 pm

drepouille wrote:While I am not sure how appropriate this solution is for missionaries, your ward clerk can create an out-of-unit member record for you using LCR here:
https://www.lds.org/mls/mbr/records/out-of-unit-members/find-member

In addition to creating an out of unit member record for each senior missionary a standard calling must be recorded.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the LDS.org Help Center page or the LDSTech wiki?

sbradshaw

Postby sbradshaw » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:00 am

If you're a full-time missionary assigned to a regular mission, you should have access to the LDS.org Directory for the units where you serve – assuming the mission office is keeping ward assignments up-to-date.
Samuel Bradshaw • Interested in church apps and sites, creative recordkeeping, clerk support, YSA wards and stakes, LDS music, Vineyard at BYU, and online service.

drepouille

Postby drepouille » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:03 pm

And vice versa -- the members of the unit in which you are serving should be able to see your mission photo in the directory under Missionary. There is often a delay in the mission office due to workload or turnover, and the missionary assignments don't get posted in a timely manner.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

kellymab

Postby kellymab » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:14 pm

drepouille wrote:And vice versa -- the members of the unit in which you are serving should be able to see your mission photo in the directory under Missionary.

Not always true. Proselytizing missionaries yes, other types no. Our CES missionaries never show up. I'm not sure about MLS support missions.

frankmc

Postby frankmc » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:56 pm

I received a reply from the tech department of the IMOS, which is the mission office records management system. They communicated with the mission office staff and spoke to them how to set it up through IMOS.

This is the answer which I received. Once the mission office enabled my and my wife's names it worked as I had requested:

Full-time missionaries do have access to this information in LDS Tools, but your proselyting area must first be associated to the correct wards/stakes in the Internet Mission Office System (IMOS). We would recommend contacting your mission office to ensure this has been done.

Once you contact your mission office, you will need to do the following in LDS Tools:

Sync the app (More > Sync > Sync Now)
Once the sync completes successfully, you will be brought to the "Directory" page. Your home ward will be displayed by default.
At the top of the page, tap Directory.
Select the ward/stake in which you are serving.
The directory for that ward/stake will then be displayed.
Please reply to this message within 7 days if you have any additional questions or concerns regarding this specific issue. For new questions or problems, please submit them at https://missionary.lds.org.

We appreciate your service!

Best regards,

Technology Services Team
Technology Division | Missionary Department
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Return to “LDS Tools”