Notes in the Directory

Any discussions around the LDS Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
BrianTAllen

Notes in the Directory

Postby BrianTAllen » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:11 am

Over the years I've sat in many Ward Council and PEC meetings where we discuss who a particular member is that's on our ward list, and someone in the room will know them or know about them. Then a year or two later you have the same discussion, without that person being there, and you know you should know about them, but can't remember the details (or worse, remember it wrong).

It would be nice if there was a Notes section for each person in the directory in LDS Tools, where I could personally add notes for a given person.

For instance, I went to visit a less-active member last night and would love to be able to record the details of the visit for later use: he likes hunting and sand rails, where he works, where his wife works, where they're from, etc.

These notes would only be for me, and someone else's notes on the same person would only be for them.

Thoughts?

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Notes in the Directory

Postby russellhltn » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:35 am

BrianTAllen wrote:Thoughts?

The church is very sensitive about collecting information on members, complying with various local privacy laws, and the public perception of such activity. As such, I think it's highly unlikely that church-produced software would allow that.

Obviously, there's nothing stopping members from using other means of keeping personal notes. At that point, it's a personal activity, not a "church" one.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

Return to “LDS Tools”