Members Missing from LDS Tools

Any discussions around the LDS Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
shonfisher
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:12 am

Members Missing from LDS Tools

Postby shonfisher » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:17 am

There are members not showing up in LDS tools for multiple users. The records members are in MLS and available on Leader and Clerk Resources. Users have synced their LDS tools app and are using the currents version.

russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 20763
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Re: Members Missing from LDS Tools

Postby russellhltn » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:54 pm

Odds are the "missing" members have their privacy settings in the Directory set such that they only appear to leaders, or members of their own ward. A clerk can change that, but it should not be done without the permission of the members involved. This is far worse in countries with strict privacy laws, such as the UK. Over there, the members have to "opt-in" to appear, unlike the US where they have to "opt-out" to disappear.

Out-of-unit leaders can be another source of issues - they appears in their callings, but may not appear in the ward directory as technically they are not a member of that ward.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

georgannk
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:35 pm

Re: Members Missing from LDS Tools

Postby georgannk » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:41 pm

I am the Relief Society President in the Front Range Ward, Golden Colorado Stake, Golden Colorado.. I have noticed two names so far that do not appear on my LDS tools app.
The Bishop and Ward executive secretary do have these names on their app. Does this mean these people have given permission for only those people to have access to their information?

eblood66
Senior Member
Posts: 2028
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:17 am
Location: Cumming, GA, USA

Re: Members Missing from LDS Tools

Postby eblood66 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:45 pm

georgannk wrote:I am the Relief Society President in the Front Range Ward, Golden Colorado Stake, Golden Colorado.. I have noticed two names so far that do not appear on my LDS tools app.
The Bishop and Ward executive secretary do have these names on their app. Does this mean these people have given permission for only those people to have access to their information?

It means that their privacy setting is set so that only ward leaders can see them in the directory (and LDS Tools). For this purpose ward leaders is defined as the bishopric, executive secretary and clerks.

russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 20763
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Re: Members Missing from LDS Tools

Postby russellhltn » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:10 pm

eblood66 wrote:For this purpose ward leaders is defined as the bishopric, executive secretary and clerks.

That definition was set some time ago. With expanded access to LCR, I wouldn't be surprised if "ward leader" is redefined at some point, since I believe they are visible to the same people in LCR. Maybe when the LDS Tools API is revised at some point.
Have you searched the Wiki?

Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

eblood66
Senior Member
Posts: 2028
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:17 am
Location: Cumming, GA, USA

Re: Members Missing from LDS Tools

Postby eblood66 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:12 pm

russellhltn wrote:
eblood66 wrote:For this purpose ward leaders is defined as the bishopric, executive secretary and clerks.

That definition was set some time ago. With expanded access to LCR, I wouldn't be surprised if "ward leader" is redefined at some point, since I believe they are visible to the same people in LCR. Maybe when the LDS Tools API is revised at some point.

Quite possibly but I'm pretty sure that hasn't happened yet.

jdlessley
Community Moderators
Posts: 6526
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:30 pm
Location: USA, TX

Re: Members Missing from LDS Tools

Postby jdlessley » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:42 am

eblood66 wrote:
russellhltn wrote:
eblood66 wrote:For this purpose ward leaders is defined as the bishopric, executive secretary and clerks.

That definition was set some time ago. With expanded access to LCR, I wouldn't be surprised if "ward leader" is redefined at some point, since I believe they are visible to the same people in LCR. Maybe when the LDS Tools API is revised at some point.

Quite possibly but I'm pretty sure that hasn't happened yet.

I can confirm that the privacy setting has not been revised. "Private - leadership only" is still limited to the pre-LCR group of leaders.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the LDS.org Help Center page or the LDSTech wiki?

russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 20763
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Re: Members Missing from LDS Tools

Postby russellhltn » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:47 am

russellhltn wrote:With expanded access to LCR, I wouldn't be surprised if "ward leader" is redefined at some point, since I believe they are visible to the same people in LCR.

Just to be clear, I was speculating on a future change. Sorry, I should have said "will be" instead of "is"
Have you searched the Wiki?

Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.


Return to “LDS Tools”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest