Syncing Calendar with Lesson Schedules

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
cindylout

Syncing Calendar with Lesson Schedules

Post by cindylout »

When online I can view the lesson schedules under a specific area. Why are they not synced with the calendar so I can access the lesson links from LDS Tools?
Thanks.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Syncing Calendar with Lesson Schedules

Post by jdlessley »

cindylout wrote:When online I can view the lesson schedules under a specific area.
Lesson Schedules is a separate program. While it has calendar like features needed to show when lessons are being taught, it has not been integrated with the Calendar. The Calendar and Lesson Schedules are separate programs and until there is some sort of integration or import of data from Lesson Schedules, lessons from Lesson Schedules will not appear in the Calendar. Including lessons from Lesson Schedules in the Calendar has been discussed on the forum as a feature others would like to see. We have not heard of any plans to link lessons from Lesson Schedules with the Calendar.
cindylout wrote:Why are they not synced with the calendar so I can access the lesson links from LDS Tools?
Currently lessons from the online Lesson Schedules is not included in LDS Tools. We have not heard why lessons from Lesson Schedules are not available on LDS Tools. Since Lesson Schedules lessons are not programmed to show in the online Calendar the API for Calendar that is used for LDS Tools does not include any data from Lesson Schedules. That does not mean it is not possible to include lessons from Lesson schedules in the calendar display in LDS Tools. It is just the programming to include lessons in LDS Tools has not been done.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Member Tools”