Attendance Recording in LDS Tools

Any discussions around the LDS Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
thebundok
New Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:04 am
Location: Stavanger, Norway

Attendance Recording in LDS Tools

Postby thebundok » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:06 pm

Please allow for attendance recording inside LDS Tools.

As the Young Men's president in a ward with combined Aaronic Priesthood and Young Men (12-18 in one class and for activities) it would be very helpful to be able to record attendance at church and at activities within the app and not be concerned with keeping track of paper attendance records.

kisaac
Community Moderators
Posts: 1170
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:04 am
Location: Utah, united states

Re: Attendance Recording in LDS Tools

Postby kisaac » Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:33 pm

Many of us here in the forum are members like yourself, and not church employees or software developers. While a software developer or community member working with LDS Tools may see it here, they may not. I usually ask you to submit feedback, but I'm not sure if LDS Tools would be covered in the LDS.org feedback link, but you can try. Ask them to forward it on!
feedback

kisaac
Community Moderator
LDSTech Forums
"A soft answer turneth away wrath" works great on LDSTech forum boards!

russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 20721
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Re: Attendance Recording in LDS Tools

Postby russellhltn » Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:41 pm

Part of this depends on what happens with the data. If it's just to print something a report to be turned in, you could take that up with the people who develop your version of LDS Tools.

But if it's to be fully automated, then first the roll function would have to be added to LCR, an API created, and LDS Tools developed to use the API. I think it's safe to say at minimum, that's years away.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

thebundok
New Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:04 am
Location: Stavanger, Norway

Re: Attendance Recording in LDS Tools

Postby thebundok » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:29 pm

kisaac wrote:I'm not sure if LDS Tools would be covered in the LDS.org feedback link, but you can try.


Just to hedge my bets, I already submitted there as well. I've used the feedback link multiple times for other reasons, but I never get a personal confirmation that it was seen (just the automated confirmation of receipt).

russellhltn wrote:If it's just to print something a report to be turned in, you could take that up with the people who develop your version of LDS Tools.


Do you mean posting specifically in the Android LDS Tools forum? I suppose I could do that as well, I basically just assumed that if it's a beneficial tool for both OS's it would be good to post in the generic forum.

kisaac wrote:While a software developer or community member working with LDS Tools may see it here, they may not.


That's actually surprising. I would have assumed this would be a highly beneficial medium to communicate with the dev's. Is there no better link of feedback to the developers than the generic feedback link on lds.org (whos closest relevant category is "Website and Application Support") or this forum?

Thank you both for your input.

eblood66
Senior Member
Posts: 2023
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:17 am
Location: Cumming, GA, USA

Re: Attendance Recording in LDS Tools

Postby eblood66 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:57 pm

thebundok wrote:That's actually surprising. I would have assumed this would be a highly beneficial medium to communicate with the dev's. Is there no better link of feedback to the developers than the generic feedback link on lds.org (whos closest relevant category is "Website and Application Support") or this forum?

The official feedback method for LDS Tools is via the feedback option in LDS Tools itself. In the Android version this is accessed via Help > Feedback on the menu. I assume it's in a similar place in the iOS version.


Return to “LDS Tools”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest