Youth data in units where youth programs are combined

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
trevorjfitz

Youth data in units where youth programs are combined

Post by trevorjfitz »

In our ward, the youth programs are joined together with a Spanish branch. We plan all their activities, meet together on Sundays, do scouts together, have quorum presidencies with mixed membership, share budgets, etc. (YW and Primary are the same way). The only thing that is different is the youth from the branch go to the Spanish Sacrament meeting.

I need the contact information of these young people, but I'm unable to even see their names in LDS tools. So many of the members in the branch have the same first/last names that I can't just rely on looking at their parents' names (most of which I don't know anyway).

Is there anyway to give someone joint access over two units so they can see the names of children in both units? This is a hindrance to our ability to reach these youth and market our activities to them.
Attachments
youth info not available.png
(59.64 KiB) Not downloaded yet
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Youth data in units where youth programs are combined

Post by russellhltn »

I'd suggest that each leader be called and recorded as a out-of-unit leader for the other unit. That way the system sees them as a leader for both units.

I'm not entirely sure if it will fix the problem, but it seems to me the best chance.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Also, I think that youth info access is restricted to people with certain callings. If you have a youth calling, after the out-of-unit record is created in your non-home ward make sure your calling is recorded in both wards.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
trevorjfitz

Post by trevorjfitz »

Ok, I will try that. Thanks!

Return to “Member Tools”