Add building info to LDS Tools

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
proudfit

Add building info to LDS Tools

Post by proudfit »

With the demise of ward websites it's quite time consuming just to find a ward's meeting times and other basic ward information. How about adding the meeting times, building address, phone number, etc., into LDSTools?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: LDS Tools Feedback

Post by russellhltn »

proudfit wrote:With the demise of ward websites it's quite time consuming just to find a ward's meeting times and other basic ward information.
The times can be found in maps.lds.org.

LDS Tools typically only gives information about the ward and stake one belongs to and would not be useful when traveling.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
proudfit

Post by proudfit »

Thanks and maybe I was misleading, but this has nothing to do with traveling. I'm concerned about the 20 wards between my home stake and the YSA stake I serve in. One building I work in has 8 wards by itself and I am continually being asked by visitors about times for various wards. Asking them to wait while I open maps and do a search - especially on a phone - is burdensome. In addition, maybe your area is better, but the information in maps is often wrong and/or misleading. Don't know if that's on us or Google, but it has sent me on wild goose chases many times.

Thanks!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

proudfit wrote:but the information in maps is often wrong and/or misleading. Don't know if that's on us or Google, but it has sent me on wild goose chases many times.
If you're looking in maps.lds.org, Google has nothing to do with it. It most likely means the wards have not updated their meeting times in MLS. That same information is used other places, so if it's wrong in maps, it's wrong everywhere else - including LDS Tools when and if that capability is put in.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

russellhltn wrote:if it's wrong in maps, it's wrong everywhere else - including LDS Tools when and if that capability is put in.
For LDS Tools for iOS, sometime in the next few weeks.
proudfit wrote:I'm concerned about the 20 wards between my home stake and the YSA stake I serve in. One building I work in has 8 wards by itself and I am continually being asked by visitors about times for various wards. ... [T]he information in maps is often wrong and/or misleading.
If it's a Provo YSA ward, good luck finding the correct meeting locations on LDS.org. :) We're trying to get those fixed in our stake but we need to go through the FM group. Many of the Provo wards just say they meet on "BYU Campus." In the meantime, you can get a schedule of the wards from the stake clerks...
– Samuel Bradshaw
dorantm

Post by dorantm »

Proudfit, the updated lds tools app will do what you ask. On my android phone In the meetinghouse locator I typed in the name of a ward that isn't even in my stake. (I wanted to attend a friends missionary homecoming) The app showed me the location, meeting block start time and sacrament mtg start time, bishops contact info and building contact info. Full disclosure: I am an Elders Quorum President so perhaps that function, like others, comes with my calling, but if so that's a glitch that should be fixed.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

dorantm wrote:Proudfit, the updated lds tools app will do what you ask. On my android phone In the meetinghouse locator I typed in the name of a ward that isn't even in my stake. (I wanted to attend a friends missionary homecoming) The app showed me the location, meeting block start time and sacrament mtg start time, bishops contact info and building contact info. Full disclosure: I am an Elders Quorum President so perhaps that function, like others, comes with my calling, but if so that's a glitch that should be fixed.
This is still dependent on clerks updating mls
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Return to “Member Tools”