API for LDS tools?

Any discussions around the LDS Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
adam.j.johnson

API for LDS tools?

Postby adam.j.johnson » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:27 pm

I'd like to know if it's possible for a third party web app to interface into the same data that LDS tools accesses.

For background, I'm a BYU student attending a Provo Young Single Adult Ward just south of campus. I've been the executive secretary since last June and I've helped in not only a change of bishopric, but also an almost 95% turnover in ward membership. Because of the dynamics of a semester based ward membership, I've long thought about making a web app to help organize the ward and provide better communication.

Being able to link with LDS tools to get people's information would be a helpful addition, but not necessary. Is it possible?

PS Sorry if this is in the wrong board. I couldn't see anything that seemed to fit.

eblood66

Re: API for LDS tools?

Postby eblood66 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:45 pm

adam.j.johnson wrote:I'd like to know if it's possible for a third party web app to interface into the same data that LDS tools accesses.

For background, I'm a BYU student attending a Provo Young Single Adult Ward just south of campus. I've been the executive secretary since last June and I've helped in not only a change of bishopric, but also an almost 95% turnover in ward membership. Because of the dynamics of a semester based ward membership, I've long thought about making a web app to help organize the ward and provide better communication.

Being able to link with LDS tools to get people's information would be a helpful addition, but not necessary. Is it possible?

PS Sorry if this is in the wrong board. I couldn't see anything that seemed to fit.

Only official church sponsored applications are allowed to access the membership web services. So no, it isn't possible.

Return to “LDS Tools”