Can not see out-of-unit calendars on LDS Tools

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
wertdl
Church Employee
Church Employee

Can not see out-of-unit calendars on LDS Tools

Post by wertdl »

jdlessley wrote:
heavenboy wrote:When I login to http://www.lds.org and go to Tools | Calendar | Setting, I can see the YSA Stake. Under this heading are Calendars, Subscriptions, Administratores, Locations & Rooms, and Initial Setup.
You just missed one turn in navigating to get to the needed settings page. Try going to Settings > [YSA stake name] > Subscriptions and subscribe to the YSA stake calendars there. The list of of calendars displayed in the "Subscribed Calendars" box on the main Calendar page are those calendars to which you have subscribed. That list allows you to select the subscribed calendars to view those calendars' events. Unchecking a calendar on that list will remove that calendar's events from view.

The four calendars you see on the Settings > [YSA stake name] > Calendars page is where you, as an administrator manage (add, delete, edit, and set active status) calendars. You subscribe to those calendars on the Settings > [YSA stake name] > Subscriptions page.
I have a high councilor assigned to my YSA Ward, who cannot see calendars for our ward/stake in LDS Tools. Does he have to subscribe to them first on the Calendar website, and then try to add them in LDS Tools?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Can not see & can not subscribe to my out-of-unit calend

Post by aebrown »

wertdl wrote:I have a high councilor assigned to my YSA Ward, who cannot see calendars for our ward/stake in LDS Tools. Does he have to subscribe to them first on the Calendar website, and then try to add them in LDS Tools?
Yes. LDS Tools will only show calendars that you are subscribed to (for which I am very grateful -- my list of calendars is long enough already). So have him subscribe to whatever calendars he wants, then do a sync on his LDS Tools, and he should then see those calendars.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Can not see out-of-unit calendars on LDS Tools

Post by jdlessley »

[Moderator note: This is a different topic from the topic discussed in the original thread Can not see & can not subscribe to my out-of-unit calendars, so I split the thread.]
wertdl wrote:I have a high councilor assigned to my YSA Ward, who cannot see calendars for our ward/stake in LDS Tools. Does he have to subscribe to them first on the Calendar website, and then try to add them in LDS Tools?
High councilors in regular stakes can only see stake calendars and their home ward calendars. They cannot see the calendars of the wards they have assigned responsibility. That same capability translates to what YSA out of unit leaders will, or will not, be able to see. If the high councilor is not filling a leadership position in a YSA ward then he will not be able to see any ward calendars in the YSA stake. He will only be able to see the YSA stake calendars.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Can not see & can not subscribe to my out-of-unit calend

Post by russellhltn »

aebrown wrote:LDS Tools will only show calendars that you are subscribed to (for which I am very grateful -- my list of calendars is long enough already).
The Android version has the ability to select the calendars in the app, but it's only a sub-set of what you are subscribed to. So I wouldn't mind at all if I got all the calendars, since I can filter them out at the app level.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Member Tools”