LDS Tools is great for this...

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
jncrow

LDS Tools is great for this...

Post by jncrow »

wyonana wrote:I have been called in our ward to take photos of the members and upload them. I have taken some photos, but now I'm stopped. I don't have the selection on the menu to Upload Photos, and nobody in our ward seems to know how to fix that. I do not hold the priesthood because I'm a woman. Does that have anything to do with it?

I have started to let members who have lds tools application installed on their iphone or ipad that they can take photo's of other members and it uploads and awaits approval by the Website Admin me, in this way there can be multiple people helping to populate the photo's but they still need to be approved.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

[Moderator Note: This thread has been split from the Super user status thread because it addresses a different topic.]
jncrow wrote:I have started to let members who have lds tools application installed on their iphone or ipad that they can take photo's of other members and it uploads and awaits approval by the Website Admin me, in this way there can be multiple people helping to populate the photo's but they still need to be approved.
Since I do not use LDS Tools I am not familiar with the application's features. But if LDS Tools follows the features provided to members using desktop browsers there should be no capability for members to upload another member's photo except as provided in the Directory. In the Directory, only administrators can upload photos of other members. Of course heads of household and their spouse can upload other members of their household but that is the limit of being able to upload photos of other members. Other members can take the photos and send them to an administrator for upload though.

Edit: Privacy is an issue for uploading photos of other members. If a member sends a photo of another member, not in their household, to the administrator, he should verify from the member, of whom the photo was taken, their permission to include it in the Directory. Permission from a parent or guardian should be obtained for a minor's photo. As an administrator, I would also ask what visibility setting they wanted for the photo.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Member Tools”