Getting the scriptures on blackberry

Discussions around the BlackBerry version of the Gospel Library application.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

craig wrote:Like the original poster, I had struggled to get the scriptures on my bb. It took a lot of research and was pretty frustrating. For a long time I didn't think it was even possible.

After finally figuring this out, I added it to a website to hopefully help others find this kind of info more easily. I've also started cataloging some other of the more obscure (and not so obscure) free lds content for mobile devices. It's just coming together, but I hope it's a useful resource. It has been for me and some family and friends.

If anyone has any suggestions or other things to add, feel free to post it at http://addtofaith.com. There's no ads or anything like that.
Thanks for this helpful information. I wish I had known this a bit earlier. Just yesterday, my father asked me to help him get the scriptures onto his BlackBerry -- right before he was leaving for Europe. Since I didn't have all the steps in one place, I ran out of time before he had to leave.

Although your web site is very good, I wonder if we could post that information on the LDSTech wiki. If you don't mind, I'd be happy to post it there. That might make the information a bit more accessible, and easier for people to contribute to. Is that okay with you?
craiger

Post by craiger »

Alan_Brown wrote: Although your web site is very good, I wonder if we could post that information on the LDSTech wiki. If you don't mind, I'd be happy to post it there. That might make the information a bit more accessible, and easier for people to contribute to. Is that okay with you?
Yeah, that's a great idea. I wasn't sure the best way to pull this kind of info together, so the LDSTech wiki might be a better place.
McDanielCA

Post by McDanielCA »

Nice resource. I get asked this question very, very often. So it's great that we're compiling this information.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

craig wrote:Yeah, that's a great idea. I wasn't sure the best way to pull this kind of info together, so the LDSTech wiki might be a better place.
I have posted the first draft of this information on the wiki at Scriptures on mobile devices‎.
kadehendricks-p40

I need help the scriptures on my bb

Post by kadehendricks-p40 »

I have downloaded mobiplayer to my phone. I have also followed the link provided previously to get the scriptures installed on my phone in a .prc format as instructed. Now, I can't figure out how to open the scriptures using the mobiplayer. When I go into Mobiplayer I don't see anywhere that will let me browse the phone and when I go directly to the scriptures it doesn't ask if I want to use a specific program to open the files, which it won't do otherwise. Help!?

Return to “BlackBerry Gospel Library”