maps.lds.org Server Error

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
nmecantwin73

Post by nmecantwin73 »

kthurgood wrote:Does anyone know if there is an anticipated fix for this and when it might be rolled out. We are supposed to have all our households updated on the map next week, but I have a bunch that cannot be done due to this error.

I found that I am still able to move the multi-household icons by clicking and dragging them where they need to go. It will give the pop up to verify the location, however, the server error page still comes up after I click the "Done" button. When I navigate back to the map, I see that the location did move and it is not "unverified" any longer. It's a pain to have to go back and forth, but it gets the job done.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

techgy wrote:I just attempted to duplicate this error and everything worked perfectly. We have several multi-household homes and when I click on the map icon indicating one of them, a pop-up opens with the information. I've done this several times and it's working - at least for me.
It's still broken for me. It's certainly conceivable that the issue is related to a particular set of households, or that it depends on the rights of the user. But in any case, it is still a problem for some situations.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
kmertlich

Post by kmertlich »

kthurgood wrote:Does anyone know if there is an anicipated fix for this and when it might be rolled out. We are supposed to have all our households updated on the map next week, but I have a bunch that cannot be done due to this error.

Our Stake is also encountering similar update problems relating to multi-households. In addition, this evening I was working with our YSA branch clerk and he is unable to move/verify households. Is this because he is an out-of-unit member? What steps can we take to move/verify the households? We have been requested to complete this assignment by January 27th.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

kmertlich wrote:... this evening I was working with our YSA branch clerk and he is unable to move/verify households. Is this because he is an out-of-unit member? What steps can we take to move/verify the households? We have been requested to complete this assignment by January 27th.
The inability to move households may well be related to the fact that the branch clerk is an out-of-unit member. I would check the following items:
  1. Is he correctly listed in the maps.lds.org site as a Branch Clerk? When he signs in, he can go to the Home page of the Maps site (click on the icon that looks like a house to the right of the heading "Maps"). Below "Welcome, John Doe" it will list all the roles the system thinks he has. Is he listed as Branch Clerk? If not, proceed to step 2. If he is, then lower down will be a section for "Key Tasks & Tips". Verify that there is a subsection for Branch Clerk and that it says he can verify addresses.
  2. Is he in CDOL as Branch Clerk? Login to CDOL, go to the branch, do Show All Positions, and see if he is listed as Branch Clerk with a standard calling (should be in black text -- not orange).
  3. Is he in MLS as Branch Clerk? Make sure he has a Standard Calling in the Organizations section.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
srweight

Post by srweight »

As of Friday 21st the ward clerk and I could not complete a move to verify addresses. Everything worked fine but move of the "egg" from the street to the house. We were not sure if this was a server error or not.
ncorbridge

Out of Unit Branch Clerk - Unable to move member locations and verify

Post by ncorbridge »

aebrown wrote:The inability to move households may well be related to the fact that the branch clerk is an out-of-unit member. I would check the following items:
  1. Is he correctly listed in the maps.lds.org site as a Branch Clerk? YES When he signs in, he can go to the Home page of the Maps site (click on the icon that looks like a house to the right of the heading "Maps"). Below "Welcome, John Doe" it will list all the roles the system thinks he has. Is he listed as Branch Clerk?YES If not, proceed to step 2. If he is, then lower down will be a section for "Key Tasks & Tips". Verify that there is a subsection for Branch Clerk and that it says he can verify addresses. The sub-section is present. Does not say I can "verify addresses " but does say "update household locations" I assume this is one of the same???
  2. Is he in CDOL as Branch Clerk? Login to CDOL, go to the branch, do Show All Positions, and see if he is listed as Branch Clerk with a standard calling (should be in black text -- not orange).
  3. Is he in MLS as Branch Clerk? YES Make sure he has a Standard Calling in the Organizations section.

1- I am listed as the Branch Clerk in both accounts in question #1. It sates I should be able to update househould locations.
2- TBD
3- In MLS I do show as the Branch Clerk with a standard calling.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

ncorbridge wrote:1- I am listed as the Branch Clerk in both accounts in question #1. It sates I should be able to update househould locations.
2- TBD
3- In MLS I do show as the Branch Clerk with a standard calling.
Thanks for the replies. To clarify on point #1, yes, that is what I'm talking about. I'm a clerk at the stake level, so I can't update locations, so I didn't know the exact wording.

So if the Maps application says that you are Branch Clerk and that you can "update household locations" then I'm confident that CDOL will say that you are Branch Clerk (since Maps gets its info from CDOL). And the question at hand regards the Maps application, so it seems clear that you have the correct permissions.

So now the question is why you can't move household icons. Are you doing it by dragging the icon? Or some other way? And what happens when you try that? Do you get a Server Error, and if so, is it after the household location has changed? Or does the household icon just not move?
srweight

Post by srweight »

I am having the same issues with the Ward Clerk of a YSA Ward. CDOL shows him correctly. and the move "egg" process looks correct right up to the "egg" moving to the house to show that the server has accepted the move. All other clerks can complete the move process but the YSA clerk.
resimon3

Post by resimon3 »

The clerks in two wards in my stake have not been able to finish the moves this last week. One has the multiple household problem described above including the server-side error, the other is with all of the households in an apartment complex. If this has been reported then I will tell them to try once in a while until it works. I just wanted to report that at least two other wards are having the problem. I didn't know about one of them until I asked.
nmecantwin73

It's working for me now...

Post by nmecantwin73 »

After weeks of receiving the Server Error when clicking on a multi-household icon, today I was able to click on the two we have in our ward and DID NOT receive the error! :D It worked just exactly how it should, and I was able to do with them what I needed to do.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”