LDS Maps not working?

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
iamrkh

LDS Maps not working?

Post by iamrkh »

I don't receive any results when I use LDS Maps today. I've entered multiple addresses (trying different areas of the U.S., including my home address) and the result is the same: no results under either closest meetinghouses or assigned congregations. I've also tried three different browsers (firefox, safari, and chrome).

Is anyone else experiencing problems with LDS Maps today?
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

Yes, I can verify the same problem. I wonder if the database is offline for maintenance or something.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
iamrkh

Post by iamrkh »

Thank you for your reply. I checked again this evening and found that it's working again.
egowen

LDS Maps down again

Post by egowen »

LDS Maps seems to be down again both from LDS.ORG and CDOL.LDS.ORG. Regardless of browser used I get the following that goes on for several pages:

Error Page Exception

SRVE0260E: The server cannot use the error page specified for your application to handle the Original Exception printed below.

Original Exception:

Error Message: javax.servlet.ServletException: Error creating bean with name 'serializableScopedTarget.userDetails': FactoryBean threw exception on object creation; nested exception is java.lang.NullPointerException
Error Code: 500
Target Servlet: Faces Servlet
Error Stack:
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'serializableScopedTarget.userDetails': FactoryBean threw exception on object creation; nested exception is java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.FactoryBeanRegistrySupport$1.run(FactoryBeanRegistrySupport.java:127)
Regards,

Ed Gowen
--------------------------------
Edward J Gowen Jr
Macon Georgia Stake Clerk
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Maps are working fine for me -- as long as I am not signed in to LDS.org. And it doesn't matter whether I get to the maps via LDS.org > Tools > Maps, or if I login to CDOL and then follow the LDS Maps link in the header. Both of these options go to lds.org/maps.

But if I am signed in to LDS.org, then I do get the error you mentioned when I go to Maps. Or, if I'm already in Maps and I sign in from there, as soon as I complete the sign in and am redirected back to the Maps application, I get the error.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
egowen

Post by egowen »

aebrown wrote:Maps are working fine for me -- as long as I am not signed in to LDS.org. And it doesn't matter whether I get to the maps via LDS.org > Tools > Maps, or if I login to CDOL and then follow the LDS Maps link in the header. Both of these options go to lds.org/maps.

But if I am signed in to LDS.org, then I do get the error you mentioned when I go to Maps. Or, if I'm already in Maps and I sign in from there, as soon as I complete the sign in and am redirected back to the Maps application, I get the error.

That's very interesting. Perhaps the problem is more with the pass-through authentication than with MAPS itself. I sure hope they get it fixed since I really need to be logged in as bishop to see member locations in maps. Technology is so helpful ... when it works. Heavy Sigh!
Regards,

Ed Gowen
--------------------------------
Edward J Gowen Jr
Macon Georgia Stake Clerk

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”