Beta Maps Site

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

marianomarini_vi wrote:But is it beta.maps.lds.org or beta-maps.lds.org because the first work (for me).
The URL beta.maps.lds.org will indeed take you somewhere, but it is only to the regular maps.lds.org site, not to beta-maps.lds.org.

If you look closely, you'll see that beta.maps.lds.org and maps.lds.org bring you to the exact same page.

The regular maps.lds.org site has a link "Try the new version of LDS Maps" that will take you to beta-maps.lds.org.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
nicklewis

Post by nicklewis »

How do you submit feedback when you can no longer access the site? For many of us, it has been inaccessible for days.
Nick Lewis
Melbourne Ward Clerk
Cocoa Florida Stake
greenwoodkl

Post by greenwoodkl »

The Feedback link on most beta sites should suffice to submit any feedback to the Church.
MorettiDP

Post by MorettiDP »

To me it still don't work...
mmacconnell

Website down for me

Post by mmacconnell »

The website is down for me as well. I have tried both on the church network and at home. I have even tried with Sefari as well as IE 8. The beta-maps.lds.org site will not come up and has not work for about a week. There is no link to provide feedback as the site itself is down.
nicklewis

Web Site Accessibility

Post by nicklewis »

I discovered an interesting thing. I took my laptop to church and was able to access the site, possibly because we are running through the Church firewall there even though I am using the same ISP at home. But at home on the same laptop, there is still no joy.
Nick Lewis
Melbourne Ward Clerk
Cocoa Florida Stake
nicklewis

Back up and running

Post by nicklewis »

It seems that as of this evening, I again have access to the beta map site at home. I have no idea what happened since this afternoon when it didn't work, but I am grateful to have it back! Thank you!
Nick Lewis
Melbourne Ward Clerk
Cocoa Florida Stake
techgy
Community Moderators

Working But Incorrect Map

Post by techgy »

The site has always worked for me, however, this morning when I used it I was given a map of the Nevada area instead of my home ward in California. This has never occurred before. After the page had completely loaded the only way I could obtain the correct map of my home ward was to click on the link to it. :(

It's been a few weeks since I've used the beta-maps.lds.org site but it's never displayed this problem. I've always been given the appropriate map upon the completion of the loading of the page.

Edit: I guess that's why they call it a BETA site
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
nicklewis

Down again

Post by nicklewis »

Joy is so fleeting...Lost it again...
Nick Lewis
Melbourne Ward Clerk
Cocoa Florida Stake
greenwoodkl

Post by greenwoodkl »

techgy wrote:The site has always worked for me, however, this morning when I used it I was given a map of the Nevada area instead of my home ward in California. This has never occurred before. After the page had completely loaded the only way I could obtain the correct map of my home ward was to click on the link to it. :(

It's been a few weeks since I've used the beta-maps.lds.org site but it's never displayed this problem. I've always been given the appropriate map upon the completion of the loading of the page.

Edit: I guess that's why they call it a BETA site
I've noticed that the maps seem to use cookies or settings from Google and/or Microsoft to display the last location I was looking at with either maps product. Sometimes that has bothered me that the beta site doesn't remember and override separate from my other map searches.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”