Mission Boundaries and non-home Stake Boundaries

Discussions about the Maps Tool on lds.org.
csession

Mission Boundaries and non-home Stake Boundaries

Postby csession » Tue May 31, 2016 1:49 pm

The Map App seems to have regressed to be a minimum viable product for just finding wards to worship at for people who are traveling.

What happened to being able to find Stake Boundaries and Mission Boundaries? I really enjoyed and appreciated the transparency in being able to see where my children were serving on their missions from afar!

-clark

eblood66

Re: Mission Boundaries and non-home Stake Boundaries

Postby eblood66 » Tue May 31, 2016 2:11 pm

The classic maps is still available. I'm assuming that's partly because they haven't moved all the features over yet. To access the classic maps click on the 9 squares icon just to the right of the help icon in the lower right corner.

csession

Postby csession » Tue May 31, 2016 8:12 pm

That is good information. However it is too bad it isn't intuitive to find!

Thanks for the quick reply!

-clark

sbradshaw

Postby sbradshaw » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:44 pm

In the 9-squares grid there's also an option for "Ward Map," where you can see your own ward and stake map/boundaries if you're logged in.
Samuel Bradshaw • Interested in church apps and sites, creative recordkeeping, clerk support, YSA wards and stakes, LDS music, Vineyard at BYU, and online service.

lindab114

Postby lindab114 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:08 am

I was searching for mission boundaries, and followed the instructions as stated, but could not find the layer for Missions. I was in the Classic Maps, opened the layers icon, but Missions was not one of the choices. If someone could help me, I would appreciate it.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:55 am

lindab114 wrote:I was searching for mission boundaries, and followed the instructions as stated, but could not find the layer for Missions. I was in the Classic Maps, opened the layers icon, but Missions was not one of the choices. If someone could help me, I would appreciate it.

Are you logged in with a ID that has a membership number associated with it? Once I was logged in, I could see a section for "missions". When I selected one, I saw a boundary map.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

csession

Postby csession » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:59 am

The top right "map layers" (looks like 3 sheets of paper). The top of the layers windows shows "Facilities". Click the bottom bar labeled "Boundaries".

Return to “Maps”