Colorado Ward Boundaries

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
ghlennedgis

Colorado Ward Boundaries

Post by ghlennedgis »

I am currently working on a project with the Boy Scouts of America Denver Area Council which requires us to get the KML files for all the ward/troop boundaries. I know that my stake and ward boundaries can be obtained through my stake clerk and the CDOC site, however, I need all the ward boundaries in the state of Colorado. How should I go about obtaining those KML files?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Colorado Ward Boundaries

Post by russellhltn »

Same place.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

ghlennedgis wrote:I am currently working on a project with the Boy Scouts of America Denver Area Council which requires us to get the KML files for all the ward/troop boundaries. I know that my stake and ward boundaries can be obtained through my stake clerk and the CDOC site, however, I need all the ward boundaries in the state of Colorado. How should I go about obtaining those KML files?
You might wish to run this request by your stake leaders to make certain that this is an approved request. Although we support Scouting and use the BSA program in our Young Men activities, there are requests from time to time that come from the Council in our area that we are instructed not to honor. Your priesthood leaders will be the ones to determine if this is the case in your area, of course.
ghlennedgis

Post by ghlennedgis »

I will definitely run this by the stake leaders. Thank you for the help.

One other thing, when I got into contact with the stake clerk, he said that the KMZ files could only be exported on a stake-wide level. Is there any way that they could be exported on a state-wide level instead of exporting them stake by stake?
falcon771

Post by falcon771 »

ghlennedgis wrote: One other thing, when I got into contact with the stake clerk, he said that the KMZ files could only be exported on a stake-wide level. Is there any way that they could be exported on a state-wide level instead of exporting them stake by stake?
No, the option to export maps is only available up to the stake level. You would need to get files for each stake and then turn all the layers on to see the whole area.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”