Finding move wards

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
heman

Re: Finding move wards

Post by heman »

https://www.lds.org/maps/#id=ward:559040

This link shows two wards meeting at the same time. How is this done.
kd7mha

Post by kd7mha »

heman wrote:https://www.lds.org/maps/#id=ward:559040

I have never dealt with this but my understanding is that the ward is responsible to update the times in MLS and they MUST select a FUTURE date for the change to take effect.
There are 11 types of people. Those who understand Gray Code and those that don't.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

kd7mha wrote:
heman wrote:https://www.lds.org/maps/#id=ward:559040

I have never dealt with this but my understanding is that the ward is responsible to update the times in MLS and they MUST select a FUTURE date for the change to take effect.
It is true the unit sets the meeting times in MLS. But the future date is for notification only within MLS that the meeting time needs to be changed. MLS does not automatically make any changes.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

heman wrote:I looked up my ward meeting house. when I went there it was not my ward. I was told my ward meets in another building.
I think that comes from the FMAT database which is maintained by FM Group.

Meeting times are set in MLS by the ward. There is no conflict checking for two wards meeting at the same time. (And it's not unusual to have a overlapping schedule.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

The beginning of the new year is a time when many wards adjust their meeting schedules. If one ward has updated MLS and another has not, it may appear that they meet at the same time.

It used to be that in MLS you set the meeting times and told MLS to make them effective on a certain date in the future, but that is no longer necessary. MLS will update the meeting times when you do the Send/Receive. The date in MLS now is just a reminder to the clerk that the times may need to be changed.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”