Access to household information on LDS Maps

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
leejj

Re: Access to household information on LDS Maps

Post by leejj »

Yes, I'm trying the asst. clerk route. My bishop really wants to get our records and maps as accurate as possible up to this point.
leejj

Post by leejj »

Thanks for the feedback.
JimRedd

Post by JimRedd »

This thread is old, so the original poster may not see this reply, but I'll throw it up anyway. When my wife and I were MLS missionaries, we were able to see household information in the ward where we served after the clerk created "Out of unit records" for us. This should work when you have two "home wards" to see both directories.
krisBmedia

Post by krisBmedia »

Hastening the Work of Salvation needs help. =)
As an assistant stake clerk I can move a household pin but cannot then also verify that move to be accurate. It is awaiting verification from local leadership. I moved the household because I verified their location and they are within my ward.
We have about 600 people in my ward and yet we only have a _maximum_ of 180 show up each Sunday. Needless to say, the work of verifying is extremely daunting in these types of situations. I would say that a stake clerk should be able to make a change and verify its location to "Hasten the Work".
However, here is a recommendation that could potentially assist us all. Allow those in PEC to make changes to the map pins--Or barring that, Bishoprics and Stake Presidencies. Then for those of these groups do not have "Verify" rights, an email is sent to those who do have "verify" rights. So they can go in and see who submitted the information and confer with them and then verify that the move is legitimate.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The problem is rights are a "one-size-fits-all" situation. While that might be all well and good for the situation you find yourself in, for most units it would well turn into a "too many cooks in the kitchen" problem.

I'd rather see the rights controlled in some way - either by allowing the ward to give rights as desired or by extending callings as assistant clerks as needed.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”