How can I print a large Ward map for missionaries!?!

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
eric.w.nord@gmail.com

Re: How can I print a large Ward map for missionaries!?!

Post by eric.w.nord@gmail.com »

Any word if they will add the large format printing of ward maps back into www.lds.org/maps ?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

The beta version of maps is here and I don't see that feature anywhere:
https://beta.lds.org/maps/directory/
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
mevans

Post by mevans »

You can submit Feedback about wanting this feature in Maps. I've been having some dialogue with the feedback team about beta maps--more so than anything else I've submitted via Feedback, so it appears that they are using the Feedback channel to get input on beta maps.

I investigated FedEx Office for large format output. It was real expensive, but most things there are. The trick is finding someone with a large format printer. There are a few copy places near us that significantly undercut FedEx Office pricing, but I think they're able to do it because of volume and automation. Probably the large format doesn't have enough volume. Maybe you'll find a member who has a large format printer at work and the company will let them use it for a more reasonable price?
AbdulRK

Post by AbdulRK »

I have just discovered that I can change the map type i.e. Google Maps Street view/Bing Maps Street view, Google Satalite view, Bing Aerial view etc. which is a great feature. How do I get to to print a wall size ward boundaries for missionaries -Preferably with members plotted on the map. It shouldn't affect privacy because its just a pin dot with no personal info. even if I have to hide member plotted on the map.
jirp

Post by jirp »

AbdulRK wrote:I have just discovered that I can change the map type i.e. Google Maps Street view/Bing Maps Street view, Google Satalite view, Bing Aerial view etc. which is a great feature. How do I get to to print a wall size ward boundaries for missionaries -Preferably with members plotted on the map. It shouldn't affect privacy because its just a pin dot with no personal info. even if I have to hide member plotted on the map.
See my reply on the page 1 of this thread. Screen shots work no matter what map you have up.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

AbdulRK wrote:I have just discovered that I can change the map type i.e. Google Maps Street view/Bing Maps Street view, Google Satalite view, Bing Aerial view etc. which is a great feature.
How do you switch to Bing Maps? Normally I use Google Maps but every once in a while I need to look something up in Bing.
jirp

Post by jirp »

sbradshaw wrote:
AbdulRK wrote:I have just discovered that I can change the map type i.e. Google Maps Street view/Bing Maps Street view, Google Satalite view, Bing Aerial view etc. which is a great feature.
How do you switch to Bing Maps? Normally I use Google Maps but every once in a while I need to look something up in Bing.

In the bottom right hand corner there is a picture giving you the map type you can change to. Click it and it brings up a menu with about 10 different maps you can change to. Bing among them. There are 3 bings available, road aerial, hybrid.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Ah, it appears to be only on the current maps, not the beta. Is that right?

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”