Map feature does not work at all

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Map feature does not work at all

Post by russellhltn »

pvtmathis wrote:So it sounds like the problem lays with the Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 program that our desktop is using...
I got it to work on IE8, so it can be done. It's probably some setting that's locked down not allowing scripts to be run or something like that. I'll see if I can get the list of settings that machine uses.

What you might try is putting lds.org in the "trusted zone". That usually unlocks some restrictions.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
pvtmathis

Post by pvtmathis »

I'll try that this Wednesday when I get back to the Stake Center. Thanks
mevans

Post by mevans »

Note that Internet Explorer 8 is not officially supported by the Church websites. While some people may get church websites to work on IE 8, I recommend that you just move to Firefox or Chrome and not mess with IE 8.

Be sure to follow the guidelines on installing additional software on your computer.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

mevans wrote:Note that Internet Explorer 8 is not officially supported by the Church websites. While some people may get church websites to work on IE 8, I recommend that you just move to Firefox or Chrome and not mess with IE 8.

Be sure to follow the guidelines on installing additional software on your computer.
Today I noticed in the Help section of the Patriarchal Blessing Recommend, they are still showing IE8 as one of the supported browsers. However, whilst in contact with the support team about an issue I'm having, they recommended either Chrome or Firefox. As it happens Chrome is my preferred browser on all devices I use!

My particular issue isn't browser related.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mevans wrote:Note that Internet Explorer 8 is not officially supported by the Church websites.
Depends on the site. You won't get a scolding in calendar, but it sure looks strange.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
JimRedd

Maps has stopped working in Safari

Post by JimRedd »

I have used Maps for over a year to map locations for the branch where we served as MLS missionaries. Recently when I attempt to load LDS Maps in Safari on my Mac laptop, it loads the map of our unit, but the names and addresses don't load. The left pane with the apps is blank and won't load when I click on the apps menu.

Everything works fine in Firefox.

Has something changed in Maps that is less friendly to Safari?

Jim Redd

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”