The wife's name appears first in directory download

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
seegmiller

The wife's name appears first in directory download

Post by seegmiller »

This week, several members of my ward changed on the directory download to Excel. It appears that in part member families, the person who is a member appears first in the family list where last week the husband appeared first. Jones, Bob and Mary is now Jones, Mary and Bob, where Bob is not a member.

Has anyone else noticed this? Am I right in assuming the member is first?
RossEvans

Re: The wife's name appears first in directory download

Post by RossEvans »

seegmiller wrote:This week, several members of my ward changed on the directory download to Excel. It appears that in part member families, the person who is a member appears first in the family list where last week the husband appeared first. Jones, Bob and Mary is now Jones, Mary and Bob, where Bob is not a member.

Has anyone else noticed this? Am I right in assuming the member is first?
I just tried, and I cannot replicate the behavior you describe. In my directory download, the husband's name always comes first in the "Couple Name" field -- such as "Jones, Robert & Mary" -- including households with non-member spouses. The same is true in a file I downloaded two days ago,
seegmiller

Post by seegmiller »

All I know is that about 20 families on the map download changed from last week, and the only thing I can see is the the husband is not a member.
RossEvans

Post by RossEvans »

seegmiller wrote:All I know is that about 20 families on the map download changed from last week, and the only thing I can see is the the husband is not a member.
I didn't realize you were talking about the download from the Maps page, not the Directory page. (You posted this in the Directory subforum.)

Checking my own download from Maps, it does output the wife's name first in the case of a non-member husband. It is not just the download that is affected, but the display of the household names on the page itself. This is different logic than the Directory page uses. Sounds like a bug to me.
Last edited by RossEvans on Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Moderator note: the thread has been moved to the maps forum.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”