Maps Set Location stopped working in Firefox

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
rontilby

Maps Set Location stopped working in Firefox

Post by rontilby »

In the Maps Application, I select the household to update the map position, click the "Move" button, and the "Set Location" popup box appears.
At the bottom of the "Set Location" box there is a "Start Move" button.
In the Firefox browser (version 22 and 23 beta), clicking the "Start Move" button no longer works for me (nothing happens when I click the button). I've tried Firefox "Safe Mode" as well. This has been working until recently. It works correctly using the Google Chrome browser.

Can someone confirm this broken behavior with Firefox?
Thanks,
Ron Tilby
Ward Clerk
mevans

Re: Maps Set Location stopped working in Firefox

Post by mevans »

I've never used this feature and I just tried it. I'm not sure what "Start Move" is supposed to do. I tried it in Chrome and in FF 22. My observations are as follows when the button is pushed:

Firefox: nothing
Chrome: the button disappears. I couldn't figure out what I should do after it disappeared.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Maps Set Location stopped working in Firefox

Post by jdlessley »

mevans wrote:I couldn't figure out what I should do after it disappeared.
This is my experience in the past:
When the Move button is clicked the household location can be relocated on the map. The mouse pointer is a crosshair when over the map. When the new location for the household is found and the left mouse button clicked the household location is set, a line from the former location to the new location appears and the user must identify the new location as "exact" or "approximate" on the dialog box. Once either exact or approximate is clicked then the line disappears and the appropriate location marker appears at the new location.

That is how it used to behave five months ago. Since I no longer have adminstrator permissions I cannot confirm the current expected behavior.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”