Name Not updating on the map

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
cdw3423lds

Name Not updating on the map

Post by cdw3423lds »

I have several households that have had corrections made to the last name in the membership records, but the name listed on the map point is still the same. I have no idea when these changes were made. The ward has just been part of a boundary change and I am the new ward clerk. I know the map and membership records have been inconsistent for at least a week now. Will these things ever be updated on the map?

Chris W
cdw3423lds

Post by cdw3423lds »

I have noticed that changes made to the membership records via the website show up on the map fast. I just made minor changes to the address of the three records that are a problem (Circle to Cir and Dr to Dr.) Those changes showed up on the map but the persons name is still wrong. For some reason it would not let me change "Preferred Name" using the website, maybe that would have fixed the name on the map. I guess I can try to make a change in Preferred Name on MLS and see what happens. Or since these people actually live in the boundary of another ward in the stake, I can just move them out, but I would like to know how to fix this.
rontilby

Post by rontilby »

When you correct (or check) a name in MLS, be sure to catch all of the following:
Household Name (on the household screen)
Preferred Name
Maiden Name
Full Legal Name
I suspect that one of these still has the incorrect value that you're seeing in the Maps application.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”