Skills and resources?

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
zaneclark

Skills and resources?

Post by zaneclark »

I have been asked by a clerk in a ward how to enter skills and resources notes in the Map app. I haven't used the Map much so I searched the wiki and this forum but can't figure this out..... First, is this possible and if so where on the map app do you accomplish this?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

There is nothing in the Map for skills and resources. I think the clerk is mixing MLS skills and resources with the LDS Maps emergency response categories. There are categories for emergency response for each household on the Map. Further details about these categories are available in the Map help section Maps help Edit house details. Details about the two emergency response categories "Emergency Response" and "Special Needs" can be found in the section Emergency response categories.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
1968leocomeeatabite

Post by 1968leocomeeatabite »

Thank you, I was also looking for a place to put the available skills and resources which members and non-members hopefully will offer in the event of a disaster or emergency. I understand that the "Special needs" and "Emergency Response" is only accessible to the Bishopric (secretary and clerk included). Would it be a good idea to also include a place on maps for individual resources and skills needed in a disaster? I understand that this would be confidential but very valuable to a Bishop or Stake President trying to get the right kind of help in a hurry. Is this possible or is there something about resources that I do not understand. Thank you again It is good to find answers of what exactly is available on this applications.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

The Special Needs and Emergency Response categories both have text boxes in which any information can be placed. The recommended information to place in the Emergency Response text box provided in Maps help is:
Ward leaders identify the emergency response leaders. They may include:
  • Those assigned as a leader over a portion of the ward.
  • Those who have lifesaving or other specialized skills.
  • Those who own equipment (such as chain saws, generators, heavy equipment. or communications equipment such as short-wave radios).
  • Those with other skills identified by leaders.
For example, for the first bullet the text "CG Area Leader" would indicate a leader (CG is just a random code I entered for the example). For bullet two Nurse, Doctor, EMT, Police Officer, or any such other data can be entered. What can be entered is entirely up to the unit leadership.

Likewise the Special Needs text box is open for the data the unit leaders may want to enter.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”