Map data download

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
cdw3423lds

Map data download

Post by cdw3423lds »

When I try to download the map points for the whole stake, it only gives me one ward. Yes I am sure I selected the "Entire Stake/District Directory" option. Also I know that was the option I picked because the output file had the unit name field. When you download a single unit, that field isn't there.

Anyone know how to work around this?

FYI, I'm using Win 7 pro, Firefox 13.0.1

Thanks,
Chris W
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

cdw3423 wrote:When I try to download the map points for the whole stake, it only gives me one ward.
Is that ward the last ward alphabetically? I ask because when I downloaded my stake it only returned the members of the last alphabetical ward in the stake.

I am using XP and Firefox 13.0.1

When testing with IE8 the maps directory only displayed the members of the last alphabetical ward in the stake. The download for the stake in IE8 was different from the download in Firefox. While the directory displayed only the members of the last alphabetical ward the download was members from my ward and one other ward.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
cdw3423lds

Post by cdw3423lds »

Seems we are seeing the same thing. It is the last ward in the list that is included in the stake download file.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

I'm not seeing that problem -- I get members from every ward in my stake. However, I am not getting all the members of the stake. I get only about 75% of the households in the stake when I choose the non-confidential option. And I only get about 60% when I choose the confidential option -- that's particularly odd, since confidential should always be bigger than non-confidential.

I don't know what explains the missing households, but it's definitely not just my ward and the last ward in the list -- I do see quite a few members from each ward.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Today I am getting six out of the fourteen units in my stake. A cursory look at the membership indicates not all members of the listed wards have all the members. My ward is not included in the list of members for the stake.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
bdayley

Only last ward when trying to download stake

Post by bdayley »

I am having this problem today, when previously everything had worked fine. Only getting the last ward in the stake, rather than all wards, when trying to download the entire stake.
bdayley

Post by bdayley »

Actually, I'm getting really inconsistent results with the maps display as well. Some wards show people, some don't. If you select the entire stake, the map only shows about 2 wards worth of people, the other 5 are blank.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

bdayley wrote:Actually, I'm getting really inconsistent results with the maps display as well. Some wards show people, some don't. If you select the entire stake, the map only shows about 2 wards worth of people, the other 5 are blank.
On the display I have found that it will show all the wards I have selected and the rest are random (usually not showing). But if I select each ward one at a time, then I select the stake I can see everything.
bdayley

Post by bdayley »

I got busy with some other things, and had to leave my map project for a few days. After coming back to it, I am still seeing the same issues as before:
  • my ward seems to display fine
  • when selecting some wards, the boundary will display, but no members
  • when selecting one particular ward, it shows the members, but the boundary of the ward next door
  • when selecting a stake download, all I'm getting is the last ward
  • inconsistent results with different browsers (some wards display properly in Chrome, but not in Firefox)
I tried the suggestion above regarding selecting each ward individually first. This did not resolve the issues.

I am trying to download some stake data for an Emergency Prep function, so I need to figure out how to solve this, just not sure who I should contact. Thanks.
edserr

Stake-wide download gives only last listed ward

Post by edserr »

In June 2012 the download yielded the entire stake, but only the last listed ward as of Nov. 13. Individual ward downloads are normal and appear correct. Having the entire stake in one file is valuable to me as the stake emergency response coordinator.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”