Updating Address After Moving

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
mianmyr

Updating Address After Moving

Post by mianmyr »

I recently moved and was surprised to see that while my address has changed, my map marker still shows up in my old ward. I tried manually moving my own home, but I cannot do that. Is there any way to move my verified location to my correct house (or even correct ward) or will I have to go through the ward clerk (I hate to be a bother when I could easily change things myself). Thanks in advance for the help!
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

I have noticed this same functionality for members who have moved into our ward. Since I am a ward administrator I have to move the marker into our ward. I was not aware that adult household members were not able to "member verify" the household location. Fortunately, at least, the household is tagged as unverified so I can find those and move them.
mianmyr wrote:Is there any way to move my verified location to my correct house (or even correct ward) or will I have to go through the ward clerk (I hate to be a bother when I could easily change things myself).
This functionality is not correct. I would call this a bug.

When a household moves from one ward to another the household marker should be moved by the system and the verification tags reset. It appears the household is moved but the marker is not. Additionally the marker verification status is changed to unverified yet the tag to allow household adult members to verify the location is not reset. Since this tag is not reset the result is only ward administrators can verify and move the household.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jdlessley wrote:This functionality is not correct. I would call this a bug.

I think we've noted before that moving the marker due to a move-in takes some time. Have we allowed enough time for maps to do it's thing?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

RussellHltn wrote:I think we've noted before that moving the marker due to a move-in takes some time. Have we allowed enough time for maps to do it's thing?
Most definitely yes. We have members in the ward for over two months and the marker not change from the previous location in their previous ward. The address has changed but the marker location does not change. The verified status on the map indicates "unverified" after the move and the correct current address (after the move) displayed on the map. I cannot say whether the location was ever member verified or clerk (administrator) verified in the previous wards for some of the households. But I can confirm for one household that the household was clerk verified in the previous ward.

I would assume that if the address has changed on the map that the map has updated. I don't see why the address would be updated and the household marker would take weeks or even months later to change.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jdlessley wrote:I don't see why the address would be updated and the household marker would take weeks or even months later to change.

The question is when is the geocoding process is run. I seem to recall there was a delay in that part.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
pklc

Post by pklc »

I'm having the same issue with my household marker. If my records can change to the new ward, it seems like the marker should change too. Or at least reset the previous clerk's verification so I can have the ability to move my household marker.

This seems like a bug to me.
showseason

Post by showseason »

Glad to hear it's not just me having a problem. I originally thought that since a new street, where two families moved to, is not on any map yet that was the reason. But I was able to move them from Utah and Washington as clerk.
Al
dfchamplain

Post by dfchamplain »

I'm seeing the same issue where member's records have been moved into our ward, but the address marker on the maps is still showing the previous location. I don't know if the address had been previously verified by the member or clerk.
martyriker

Post by martyriker »

jdlessley wrote:Since this tag is not reset the result is only ward administrators can verify and move the household.

So that is the solution? A Ward Administrator must move the dot for all families that move into the ward and express this bug?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

martyriker wrote:So that is the solution? A Ward Administrator must move the dot for all families that move into the ward and express this bug?
I expect the programmers are working on the issue. For now, those with administrator rights for verifying household locations (unit clerk, assistant clerk, assistant clerk - membership) are the only ones who can move the household location.
JD Lessley

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”