Authentication bug with maps

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
faazshift

Authentication bug with maps

Post by faazshift »

A couple weeks ago, in work I was doing for a program to help me with my new calling as an assistant clerk, I discovered what seems to be a bug. I submitted feedback on lds.org about it, but haven't seen a response or repair. Basically, when you login (I was starting from the main site), then look up an address with the meetinghouse locator on mormon.org, your session becomes invalid and you have to login again. To me this seems like something that shouldn't be happening. Is this a known issue?

In my python script I am just using a separate url handler to avoid the undesired authentication invalidation, so, for my purposes, I have found a solution. I do, however, think its worthwhile to make known, if its not already known.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

faazshift wrote:Basically, when you login (I was starting from the main site), then look up an address with the meetinghouse locator on mormon.org, your session becomes invalid and you have to login again. To me this seems like something that shouldn't be happening. Is this a known issue?

You're certainly correct that the LDS.org session becomes invalid when you visit the "Find a Church" page on mormon.org. And I agree that it shouldn't be happening. It's probably not a very common situation, since members who are signed in to LDS.org would be more likely to use the LDS.org Maps feature than the mormon.org locator feature, but it certainly is not inconceivable.

I have no idea whether this issue is known by the development team, but it was certainly good of you to submit feedback. That will eventually get to the right people.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”