Any hope of getting the map pins to show correct location after an in-boundry move?

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
NoahVail

Any hope of getting the map pins to show correct location after an in-boundry move?

Post by NoahVail »

This issue has been around for a while. After a member moves within their ward boundary, the map pins don't update.

We're given directions to update the maps...
Household locations are wrong on the map Church members who sign in to LDS Maps and find that their household on the map is in the wrong location can move it to the correct location. To do that:
  1. Click on your household icon.
  2. Click the Move button.
  3. Move the cursor to the correct location.
  4. Click the Save button.
  5. A ward leader will review the changes and confirm the move. Ward leaders have the responsibility to confirm all changes in household location.
... but I'm unable to follow them.

When I click on my household icon, there's no result - no popup, menu or anything at all.
I've clicked every pixel in the household icon and conclude the household icon is functionally the same as any other point on the map.

I get the same result in the latest versions of IE and Firefox.

With the 'misplaced pin' issue being so well established, I imagine each map icon must be crosschecked for accuracy - before it can be trusted.
With that, I find I'm unsure what function the map actually serves.

NV
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

NoahVail wrote:When I click on my household icon, there's no result - no popup, menu or anything at all.
Once a household has been verified members cannot move the pin. At this point only ward administrators can move the pin location. Contact a ward clerk or a member of the bishopric to relocate the pin.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”