Ward Maps

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
brdrake

Your Ward Mapping Capability

Post by brdrake »

Please sign me up!!! I need the ability to grid the ward, Identify who lives where and print the grids for distribution to hometeachers...can you do that?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

brdrake wrote:Please sign me up!!! I need the ability to grid the ward, Identify who lives where and print the grids for distribution to hometeachers...can you do that?
Since you didn't link to any particular post in a long thread that covers multiple topics, I'm not sure what you are referring to (if you use the "Quote" button to initiate your reply, a link to the post you are replying to will automatically be included with the quoted content).

The new.lds.org/maps capability for seeing all ward members' homes plotted on a map is available to all members, with clerks and bishoprics having extra capabilities for verifying addresses.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

brdrake wrote:Please sign me up!!! I need the ability to grid the ward, Identify who lives where and print the grids for distribution to hometeachers...can you do that?
Your boundary maps can be downloaded/printed from CDOL (if you have appropriate privileges). As a stake clerk, I know I can do it for any ward in the stake. I don't think it has grids, but those are easy enough to add by hand.
luekengag

I want to move in to the same word as my daughter. She lives in the twin Oaks Valley ward in San Marco’s California

Post by luekengag »

I want to move in to the same word as my daughter. She lives in the twin Oaks Valley Ward in San Marco’s California.
davesudweeks

Re: I want to move in to the same word as my daughter. She lives in the twin Oaks Valley ward in San Marco’s California

Post by davesudweeks »

luekengag wrote:I want to move in to the same word as my daughter. She lives in the twin Oaks Valley Ward in San Marco’s California.
Your daughter can see her ward boundaries. You can see her ward's boundaries if you live in the same stake. You can enter potential home addresses into the meetinghouse locator and it will tell you what ward that address is in. Bear in mind that you could purchase a home in her ward only to find that a boundary change happens sometime in the future that puts you in a different ward (or even a different stake).

This is the address of that ward building: 1250 Borden Road, SAN MARCOS, California 92069-2112. There are 2 wards meeting in that building.
davidwilliamjeppson

Re: Ward Maps

Post by davidwilliamjeppson »

We are trying to provide an emergency preparedness map for our ward to show household member locations. This works for most but some do not work. For example we have 8 households in a trailer park which live on different streets inside the trailer park. The household address all start with 2021 Mahan Avenue and include a street and number. They are all lumped in one household dot since it apparently does not recognize the street and number following the first part of the address even when the map in enlarged considerably. Is there a way around this to get individual household dots at the proper street and number. Note the ward map does show the different streets within the trailer park. Other ward have this problem also.
Any help you could provide would be appreciated.
Thanks,
david Jeppson High Council member assigned to Emergency Prepardness
jirp

Post by jirp »

davidwilliamjeppson wrote:We are trying to provide an emergency preparedness map for our ward to show household member locations. This works for most but some do not work. For example we have 8 households in a trailer park which live on different streets inside the trailer park. The household address all start with 2021 Mahan Avenue and include a street and number. They are all lumped in one household dot since it apparently does not recognize the street and number following the first part of the address even when the map in enlarged considerably. Is there a way around this to get individual household dots at the proper street and number. Note the ward map does show the different streets within the trailer park. Other ward have this problem also.
Any help you could provide would be appreciated.
Thanks,
david Jeppson High Council member assigned to Emergency Prepardness
Your ward clerk can move the dots on the map to the correct locations provided that all the households are seperate in the church records. Every household has a dot that can be moved separately by your ward clerk. He goes to the maps and then selects the household he wants to move.
dlpyro1957

Post by dlpyro1957 »

What we have done is to provide zone level maps that they can see streets and just give them new list of members by zone/names/address/contact info. New list is much faster then printing new maps.
We also have a ZC make a list in there LDS tool with there family and it will drop those name into a map. And it works when internet is down.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”