Is it possible to list 2 Sacrament Meeting times?

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
jeffoldham

Is it possible to list 2 Sacrament Meeting times?

Post by jeffoldham »

I belong to a Ward that has two sacrament meetings; one "regular" that is at the beginning of the 3-hour block, and a second that begins at the end of the 3-hour block for ASL (American Sign Language). Is it possible to list both times on LDS.org for those that visit?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Is it possible to list 2 Sacrament Meeting times?

Post by sbradshaw »

In general, no, there's no way for a unit to enter two sacrament meeting times – however, I wonder if more options would be available if the ASL members are organized as a "group" – which is basically a small branch where there aren't enough members to have a branch yet.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

There are options if they're formed as a branch, but I'm not sure as there are any options before that.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

Groups are not listed separately in CDOL. The meeting times are tied to the organization (unit) listed in CDOL and only one is allowed.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Typically, groups meet with or at least at the same time as the unit they are a part of. But looking in the Handbook, I'm not seeing any requirement that it be that way. It's possible that requirement may be given when the group is authorized by a seventy or area authority.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

russellhltn wrote:Typically, groups meet with or at least at the same time as the unit they are a part of. But looking in the Handbook, I'm not seeing any requirement that it be that way. It's possible that requirement may be given when the group is authorized by a seventy or area authority.
My old stake in Florida had a group that was formed in part because it was farther isolated from other units geographically. They met at a different time and place so the branch president could travel over and preside at the group after the branch meetings. It may be different when the reason for a group is language, vs. geography.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jeffoldham wrote:Is it possible to list both times on LDS.org for those that visit?
From what I can tell, groups are not listed at all. I know of at least two in my stake, but neither show up when I try to search for those languages at maps.lds.org.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”