Thank You for "Confidential Actions"

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
sjpynes

Thank You for "Confidential Actions"

Post by sjpynes »

I am serving as a stake president.

I just wanted to say thank you to those who organized/programmed the Confidential Actions section of the Leader Resources!

I got an email message from "MLS Online Forms" this morning indicating that a confidential item was awaiting my approval. The message had a link to get to the item. I clicked the link and it took me to the online form, which was easy to review. Then I clicked and sent the form to Headquarters.

No complicated instructions, no pens, no signing, no dating, no envelopes, no addressing envelopes, no figuring out how much the stuffed envelope weighs, no postage, no handing it off to the stake executive secretary to drop in the mail. Just one click. It's wonderful.

From my current point of view, this has to be one of the best inventions on the Church website and I felt an overwhelming desire to say "thank you."
egowen

Post by egowen »

I also really appreciate that we can now deal with the confidential actions using the web application but I'm a bit frustrated that there is no way of tracking the status of an action once it has been approved by the Stake President.

Just a few days ago we held a disciplinary council to deal with the readmission of a dear sister who had been excommunicated years ago. I could still see the action until the Stake Presidency acted on it but now it is gone and I have no way of seeing the status of the action other than to keep looking at the ward roster to see if she shows back up as an active member of our ward.

These actions should stay visible until the action is finally completed all the way through and we remove them ourselves similar to the way missionary applications do.

Thanks for all the great work you folks do to make things easier for us.
Regards,

Ed Gowen
--------------------------------
Edward J Gowen Jr
Macon Georgia Stake Clerk

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”