Former ward member getting broadcast e-mail messages

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
dmwilhelm

Former ward member getting broadcast e-mail messages

Post by dmwilhelm »

kisaac wrote:"emails sent to those who don't need them"

A bit off topic, but... my Bishop, eager to use the new system, sent out his first batch of reminder emails for our upcoming Ward Christmas Party and he sent it out 2 times -- let's just call that user error. The problem? He got a kind request from a member who is no longer in our ward (or area) that they received these emails! We wanted to notify you all of the issue (I couldn't find any other posts of the same issue) but I also wanted to point out if the sender was still getting the confirmation emails with all the email addresses (that everybody hated!) we could see if the problem was more evasive. It would even be better if the powers that be could just access a list of who is receiving the emails. I'll go hunt down the suggestion area and add this. thanks
Daniel Wilhelm
Assistant Stake Clerk (Internet)
Stake Center Building Scheduler
Tempe Arizona Stake
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

dmwilhelm wrote:A bit off topic ...
Yes it was. And so I moved the post from the Events just for some membersthread to a new thread in a forum more appropriate for the topic.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
dmwilhelm

Post by dmwilhelm »

thank you.
Daniel Wilhelm
Tempe Arizona Stake
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I believe there are problems until a new unit receives the records. Any possibility that this members records were sent to "address unknown"?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dmwilhelm

Post by dmwilhelm »

Let me look into it. I'm new to this part of the website.
Thanks
Daniel Wilhelm
Tempe Arizona Stake

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”