Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
when I try to send a message from the web site to the bishop or the other secretary always appear in the page: "1 recipients have opted out or do not have an email address in Ward Directory / MLS", I update the email adresses, why this happen??
When the Send a Message system lists a person in the "Opted out" section, that means one of three things:
- That person does not have an email address in the system. The email address can be entered in the Directory on lds.org, or in MLS. It can be an individual email address, or if no individual email address is present, the household email address.
- That person has opted out of having his or her email address used. This can be done by unchecking the box at the top of their profile in the Directory that says "Allow authenticated members of my stake to see my profile", or by unchecking the box within the profile by the email address that says "Show in ward directory." Changes to these privacy settings are effective immediately.
- A change has been made to an email address and it has not been processed. It can take up to 24 hours to appear after changes are made.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
- Community Moderators
- Posts: 1158
- Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:04 am
- Location: Utah, united states
julioleysan wrote:when I try to send a message from the web site to the bishop or the other secretary always appear in the page: "1 recipients have opted out or do not have an email address in Ward Directory / MLS", I update the email adresses, why this happen??
Remember, (for others reading this older post) in regards to aebrown's #2, areas differ in "opt in/out:"
Opt Out: My information is included by default, unless I specifically select it to be excluded
Opt in: My information is excluded by default, unless I specifically select it to be included
In my area (in the USA,) it is defaulted to "allow" the email addresses to be shown and used. If a clerk or the individual enters an email address in MLS or in the directory, once entered and "processed," it will be shown in the directory, and available for notices from the calendar and from the "send a message" tool in the Leader and clerk tools, UNLESS I UNCHECK one (or several) boxes in the directory (as aebrown mentioned.) We often call this an "opt out" system.
In your area, it may be the reverse on LDS.org, as it is in some places in Europe. In this case, personal info ( and emails,) even though entered, will still not be allowed to be shown or used in the directory, calendar and the "messaging" tool unless the user specifically chooses to allow it to be shown by checking those boxes. We often call this an "opt in" system. If that is the case, simply tell your membership and leaders the benefits of allowing their emails to be "shown" in the directory, and explain that this is the choice that allows them to show in all of LDS.org, and ask each one to go into the directory and select the proper choices to "show in membership directory" and that will most likely make the info available in "send a message."
(not living in an "opt in" area, the procedure may differ from what I described. These "opt in/out" defaults are not ward or stake choices, but made by the "area" or region leadership, if I understand correctly)
Yes, we hope the privacy settings and features will receive attention from developers in future releases.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest