Access to Handbook 1 Online

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
sjpynes

Access to Handbook 1 Online

Post by sjpynes »

I am a stake president and I have had access to Handbook 1 online.

Yesterday was the first time I noticed that I could no longer access Handbook 1. Now when I click the link for Handbook 1 I am immediately directed to Handbook 2. I checked the "properties" for the Handbook 1 line and it shows https://lds.org/handbook/handbook-1-sta ... s?lang=eng but I am nevertheless directed to Handbook 2.

Having access to Handbook 1 online was a great blessing and help to me as a stake president.

Is this change a software issue or is it a policy change?
rkashow

Post by rkashow »

Our Stake Presidency can't access handbook 1 Either. We just tried today from the Clerk and the 2nd Counselor's login.
sririe

Post by sririe »

I am a Stake Executive Secretary and we always review portions of Handbook 1 in our presidency meeting. Today for the first time Handbook 1 was not accessible to us online. We hope this is a very temporary situation and that it will be restored. We find this to be a wonderful online resource.
kenisondt

Post by kenisondt »

Yes, PLEASE tell us this is a just bug (not a policy change) and that it will be fixed SOON!
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

I was able to search it yesterday (Nov 5) without a problem. My suspicion is it is a bug. From the leader page I can still search Handbook 1 and get results from HB1. However, when I click on the associated link, it takes me to the HB2 main page. I have tried changing the URL but it immediately redirects back to HB2. Since it happened from Saturday to Sunday, I doubt it was intentional. There is just nobody working there today to fix it.
mwchesley

Post by mwchesley »

This may have been fixed. I just tried to access Handbook 1 using the link on the Leader Resources tool, and it worked correctly for me. (Yesterday it redirected to the Handbook 2 page, like many before me have reported.) Thanks for fixing it.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

I'll confirm that. It's back up and running. None of us fixed it, but I did use the feedback link on lds.org this morning to let them know we couldn't access HB1.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”