Editing Calling Information on Leader/Clerk Resources site

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
nathangg

Editing Calling Information on Leader/Clerk Resources site

Post by nathangg »

I looked at the access matrix and saw "Edit Member Calling Information" has a checkbox to it, but I can't seem to edit calling information.

Perhaps this is a feature that is coming soon and it has been mis-marked on the Access Matrix?

and THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU FOR DOING THIS! For years I've had to run over to the church building to get things updated... then came lds.org/directory and we could update email addresses / phone numbers... then I started using lds.org/leader for printing reports and lists and emailing ward members, now we can edit mailing addresses... this is all SO SO SO awesome! I can't wait to see the other things that are coming.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

nathangg wrote:I looked at the access matrix and saw "Edit Member Calling Information" has a checkbox to it, but I can't seem to edit calling information.

Perhaps this is a feature that is coming soon and it has been mis-marked on the Access Matrix?
That's correct. I made the same speculation and had it confirmed here.
greenwoodkl

Custom Orgs

Post by greenwoodkl »

It would be nice if MLS could expand the number of custom organizations and that those titles would transfer to CDOL/LDS.org. Selecting from a long list of "Other Callings" is tedious, but at least it is now available. :)
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

GreenwoodKL wrote:It would be nice if MLS could expand the number of custom organizations and that those titles would transfer to CDOL/LDS.org. Selecting from a long list of "Other Callings" is tedious, but at least it is now available. :)
We've been talking about it on the CDOL side. I think that we will eventually put the titles from MLS into the display for CDOL/LDS.org
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

JonesRK wrote:We've been talking about it on the CDOL side. I think that we will eventually put the titles from MLS into the display for CDOL/LDS.org
While you are doing this, can you fix my situation? I am both a stake clerk and ward membership clerk, and the stake calling overrides the ward so I am unable to do any editing of member records on the new site. I am sure my situation is not unique.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

zaneclark wrote:While you are doing this, can you fix my situation? I am both a stake clerk and ward membership clerk, and the stake calling overrides the ward so I am unable to do any editing of member records on the new site. I am sure my situation is not unique.

I'm not sure why you can't edit member records. I'm also a ward membership clerk and a STS and have successfully been able to edit members records since the option was first made available.

Of course an STS is an assistant stake clerk, but whether that makes a difference someone else may know.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

zaneclark wrote:While you are doing this, can you fix my situation? I am both a stake clerk and ward membership clerk, and the stake calling overrides the ward so I am unable to do any editing of member records on the new site. I am sure my situation is not unique.
I can't, but I know they are working on it.
The problem comes from the way they handled rights. The only look at one position and they choose that position based on which ones have the 'most' rights. So they choose the stake position in your case. Unfortunately now the ward position has 'more' rights. I think they will have to look at all positions, but it requires a code change for the clerk resources application.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

Biggles wrote:I'm not sure why you can't edit member records. I'm also a ward membership clerk and a STS and have successfully been able to edit members records since the option was first made available.

Of course an STS is an assistant stake clerk, but whether that makes a difference someone else may know.
I believe that STS doesn't currently have any access to clerk resources, so for their purposes the only position you have is ward membership clerk. Which is why it works for you.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

JonesRK wrote:I believe that STS doesn't currently have any access to clerk resources, so for their purposes the only position you have is ward membership clerk. Which is why it works for you.
That's incorrect. There's a significant set of clerk resources specially designed for the STS. When I login, I see a landing page with links to training and documentation specifically related to meetinghouse technologies.
sts.jpg
sts.jpg (16.97 KiB) Viewed 2654 times
Now I only have stake callings (I'm also a stake financial clerk, but there's nothing related to finances available on lds.org yet), so there's no conflict for me. But for someone with the STS stake calling and some sort of ward clerk calling, I could certainly see how a conflict might happen.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

aebrown wrote:
JonesRK wrote:I believe that STS doesn't currently have any access to clerk resources, so for their purposes the only position you have is ward membership clerk. Which is why it works for you.
That's incorrect. There's a significant set of clerk resources specially designed for the STS. When I login, I see a landing page with links to training and documentation specifically related to meetinghouse technologies.
That image is from the Leader Resources, which is a related, but different application.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”