Out of Unit Callings not going away

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
stanmoore1

Out of Unit Callings not going away

Post by stanmoore1 »

Hi,

I just wanted to report an issue we are having with the Callings section in the Leader and Clerk Resources page. We have a few Out of Unit callings that won't go away, even after several weeks for some and over a month or two for others. One is listed as a full-time missionary. A unit refresh on our end did not solve the problem.

Thanks!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

stanmoore1 wrote:I just wanted to report an issue we are having with the Callings section in the Leader and Clerk Resources page. We have a few Out of Unit callings that won't go away, even after several weeks for some and over a month or two for others. One is listed as a full-time missionary. A unit refresh on our end did not solve the problem.

The Leader and Clerk Resources area on lds.org gets its data from CDOL. When you do a unit data refresh on MLS, that simply sends the current CDOL calling data to MLS. So a refresh couldn't possibly fix the problem. But a refresh as part of the process for Correcting duplicate or missing callings might help.

However, out of unit callings are tricky, since they are created by another unit. The solution then depends on the other unit that entered the calling. You may need to contact them to correct the problem.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
stanmoore1

Post by stanmoore1 »

That's right, we can't see these callings in MLS, even after a unit refresh.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

stanmoore1 wrote:That's right, we can't see these callings in MLS, even after a unit refresh.
You won't see them in your MLS, because that out of unit calling is tied to another unit. Either that other unit needs to do the refresh and remove the calling (for someone that moved from their ward to yours) or you need to send feedback via CDOL and ask them to remove the calling.
stanmoore1

Post by stanmoore1 »

What's the process for sending feedback via CDOL?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

stanmoore1 wrote:What's the process for sending feedback via CDOL?
Within CDOL in the upper right there is a feedback link. On the second page in the feedback process there is a 'Information Updates or Corrections' option.
stanmoore1

Post by stanmoore1 »

I submitted the following feedback to CDOL and I'm not sure what to do now. As I understand, I can contact each of the previous ward clerks and have them each perform a unit refresh and then delete the callings, but I really wish there was a way that we could take care of these ourselves. Thanks.

Here is the feedback I submitted:

Me:
The following callings need to be removed from CDOL. They are out of unit callings that won't go away. They are in the ... ward and (I listed the callings...). It would be *really* nice if we could take care of these ourselves. Thanks!

CDOL responded as follows:
We checked your unit in CDOL but did not see any of the positions you listed. Please indicate where you are seeing these positions in CDOL. Thank you.

Me:
On lds.org, I click on Tools, then Clerk Resources. I then click on the Organizations drop-down menu, and then Out of Unit Callings. They are the three callings listed under Serving Outside of Stake.

CDOL responded:
But where in CDOL? I'm not showing any of those in CDOL. If it is not in CDOL we can't touch it. If you cannot find these listed in CDOL, please contact MLS support at 801-240-3500. Thank you.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Go to cdol.lds.org. See if the callings in question are there. If they are, then reply to CDOL Support. If not, then the problem is a sync issue and you need to contact Local Unit Support (aka MLS support) so they can check into the problem.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
stanmoore1

Post by stanmoore1 »

Okay, following up, here is the rest of my correspondence with CDOL:

Me:
These are out of unit callings, so they don't show up in our unit in CDOL. But they should show up in their previous ward in CDOL (I can't check because I don't have the rights). I listed their previous wards in my original message.

CDOL responded:
Okay, we were able to delete [one of the callings], but the other two are entered in MLS as custom positions and we cannot touch custom positions from CDOL. The [previous] wards will have to remove the respective custom callings from within MLS.

Looks like I will have to contact the previous ward clerks. I really wish there was a way that we could just take care of these ourselves. Thanks!
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

stanmoore1 wrote:Okay, following up, here is the rest of my correspondence with CDOL:

Me:
These are out of unit callings, so they don't show up in our unit in CDOL. But they should show up in their previous ward in CDOL (I can't check because I don't have the rights). I listed their previous wards in my original message.

CDOL responded:
Okay, we were able to delete [one of the callings], but the other two are entered in MLS as custom positions and we cannot touch custom positions from CDOL. The [previous] wards will have to remove the respective custom callings from within MLS.

Looks like I will have to contact the previous ward clerks. I really wish there was a way that we could just take care of these ourselves. Thanks!
If you want to PM me the info on those 2 custom positions I will remove them.

The good news is that they are working on some of the calling management in the clerk resources tool. It sounds like they will be adding some edit abilities (which should let you fix this problem) sooner, rather than waiting until all the capabilities are done.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”