Members just moved in, but Members with Callings report is showing their old calling?

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
nathangg

Members just moved in, but Members with Callings report is showing their old calling?

Post by nathangg »

We just received the records of a family that moved into our ward (last week).

Today, I went to the Members with Callings report and it says that their calling is an Out of Unit calling in the "Activities Committee" and they were sustained a year ago.

I thought that when a member comes over from a different ward their calling does not come over? However, perhaps this is different with Out of Unit callings? (even though this family came from a different state?)

I suppose I can check MLS tonight on my way home from work... but I was wondering if this is how it is supposed to work.

Thanks~!
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

nathangg wrote:We just received the records of a family that moved into our ward (last week).

Today, I went to the Members with Callings report and it says that their calling is an Out of Unit calling in the "Activities Committee" and they were sustained a year ago.

I thought that when a member comes over from a different ward their calling does not come over? However, perhaps this is different with Out of Unit callings? (even though this family came from a different state?)

I suppose I can check MLS tonight on my way home from work... but I was wondering if this is how it is supposed to work.

Thanks~!
If you requested the records, then the old callings will show up until their old ward gets the member move out request and sends the releases up to CDOL.

In the future I intend to have CDOL looking to move requests at CHQ and perform the releases there instead of waiting for the release to come from MLS.
nathangg

Post by nathangg »

Awesome, thanks!
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

I've got the same situation with a sister who moved in from Portugal and asked us to request her records. Her old calling appears in the Members with Callings report. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if another unit requests a membership record. The unit loosing the record has no opportunity to remove the calling, as the process is automatic.

She moved in in April and was given another calling in our ward in early June, this year.
nathangg

Post by nathangg »

I think JonesRK's statement of
If you requested the records, then the old callings will show up until their old ward gets the member move out request and sends the releases up to CDOL.
means that the computer system (CDOL?) will send an electronic "member move out request" to the old ward's MLS system. The old ward's MLS system will process that request, release the person, and then on the next Send/Receive, the member will show up as released from their old calling.

However, that is how I interpreted his post. I could have interpreted it wrong :)
nathangg

Post by nathangg »

Biggles wrote:She moved in in April and was given another calling in our ward in early June, this year.
Oh... that sounds like something else... maybe doing the Request Unit Refresh would fix it...
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

nathangg wrote:I think JonesRK's statement of means that the computer system (CDOL?) will send an electronic "member move out request" to the old ward's MLS system. The old ward's MLS system will process that request, release the person, and then on the next Send/Receive, the member will show up as released from their old calling.

However, that is how I interpreted his post. I could have interpreted it wrong :)

Her old calling doesn't show up in our MLS. So we can't do anything about that. It only appears on the lds.org Members with Callings report. :)
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

nathangg wrote:I think JonesRK's statement of means that the computer system (CDOL?) will send an electronic "member move out request" to the old ward's MLS system. The old ward's MLS system will process that request, release the person, and then on the next Send/Receive, the member will show up as released from their old calling.

You got it correct. The only thing is that the computer system that sends the member move out request is the CHQ membership system (CMIS) not CDOL.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

Biggles wrote:Her old calling doesn't show up in our MLS. So we can't do anything about that. It only appears on the lds.org Members with Callings report. :)
The other ward would have to do a Request Unit Refresh to fix it.

I can see 2 options to fix it.
1) Contact the other ward clerk and ask them to do the Unit Refresh fix. CDOL now shows ward clerk's so you should be able to find their contact info.
2) Send feedback within CDOL and give them the details and they should be able to check that the member is now in your ward and remove the other calling.
stanmoore1

Post by stanmoore1 »

I also noticed this problem. We have several out of unit callings that have not disappeared. For some of these, we have had the members records anywhere from two weeks to over a month. One is even listed as a "Full Time Missionary". I tried a Unit Refresh on my end, but I still can't see any of these in MLS, only in CDOL. Is the only solution to have their old ward clerk do a Unit Refresh?

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”