Full name on email to ward

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
sasgrw

Post by sasgrw »

Thanks Chad. Not sure how I missed that. My first and middle were indeed specified in the 'first name' field. I changed it but haven't send a ward-wide email yet to confirm but suspect that it'll work. Not sure why setting 'display name' doesn't do the job.
chris_hazeldine

Post by chris_hazeldine »

I too have the same issue - I had changed my email address and Display name months ago, the email change occurred but still getting full name (Christopher) rather than what is listed in LDS Account (Chris). Middle initial isn't present anywhere but shows in emails from Calendar to the Stake. Calling is Stake Exec Sec so frequently send calendar updates to the members, and have the ones that think they are funny call me Christopher when the see me :-)
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

chris_hazeldine wrote:I too have the same issue - I had changed my email address and Display name months ago, the email change occurred but still getting full name (Christopher) rather than what is listed in LDS Account (Chris). Middle initial isn't present anywhere but shows in emails from Calendar to the Stake. Calling is Stake Exec Sec so frequently send calendar updates to the members, and have the ones that think they are funny call me Christopher when the see me :-)
I had the same problem, but I discovered that in CDOL you can edit various items ,including your name. It's worth a try!
chris_hazeldine

Post by chris_hazeldine »

I am not able to edit the preferred name in CDOL which is showing in long format that seems to go out on email.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”