Member Focus List

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
SLindseyK

Member Focus List

Post by SLindseyK »

As we become more familiar with the new LDS web site, we see the great strides and work that has gone into it. Our stake has been looking at a way to easily track interviews for the Stake President, and the Member Focus List is a great answer. However, many of the interviews that the Stake President has are with individuals whose names have been removed (disciplinary reasons). This makes it difficult to use the Member Focus List to track the interviews for these individuals and now are either tracking 2 interview lists or back to our original methods.

So my question is this: Is there a way the Member Focus List can contain an entry for someone that is NOT on the records?

Thank you.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

slindseyk wrote:As we become more familiar with the new LDS web site, we see the great strides and work that has gone into it. Our stake has been looking at a way to easily track interviews for the Stake President, and the Member Focus List is a great answer. However, many of the interviews that the Stake President has are with individuals whose names have been removed (disciplinary reasons). This makes it difficult to use the Member Focus List to track the interviews for these individuals and now are either tracking 2 interview lists or back to our original methods.

So my question is this: Is there a way the Member Focus List can contain an entry for someone that is NOT on the records?

Thank you.
Currently that is not possible.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
mao2

Post by mao2 »

Copy and paste of something submitted to the "Feedback" function on LDS.org:

-----

For the "Member Focus" feature:

I'm an executive secretary, so I don't know if the Bishop sees something different, however he often asks me to add the names, so if we don't have the same functionality, then we probably ought to.

One thing that slows most Bishops down is having to type. A lot of them do not type very quickly. So, having to type a dozen names into a search bar is an ordeal. Our Bishop often gets someone to help him with that, especially since our list usually becomes about five dozen (in a very large singles' ward).

It would be nice if the "Member Focus" page showed every member of the ward with a checkbox next to their name. Those members who are already selected would already have the box checked. Any rows where the box is checked would be highlighted.

We spread out many types of interviews to the counselors (priesthood advancement, most callings, get to know you interviews, etc). It would be nice if there were additional columns where we could check which member of the Bishopric should be performing the interview. This would also require some type of persistent notes field for each row so that we could note the purpose of the interview. (The Bishop would use this to inform his counselors about the purpose of the visit.)

If each row could also have a priority field (which accepts numbers), then that would be great. We'd also want to be able to sort by priority.

As someone noted on tech.lds.org, it would also be nice if we could add people whose records we don't have. The primary reason would be for those whose records have been removed for disciplinary reasons, but also singles' wards are extremely transient. We often don't get someone's records until a couple of weeks after the Bishop has met them. We need to note which of those individuals needs an interview. For individuals who aren't members of our ward, it would be nice if there are additional fields to add a phone number and email address since usually just one member of the bishopric manages to get that info and needs to share it.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks!
davidbcarter

Post by davidbcarter »

I would settle for being able to add any names at all. I have tried over and over again on multiple occasions to use the Member Focus List, and each type I begin typing a name, the little spinning icon indicating that it is searching for the name continues to spin for a long time and then quits without ever finding the person. Typing out the whole name and clicking the "Add to List" button does nothing either.

Any thoughts?
David Carter
mprusse

Post by mprusse »

I'm having the same problem with the Member Focus List. It worked initially but now I cannot delete or add names to the list as you have described.
mao2

Doesn't work for me either

Post by mao2 »

You're right, I can't add names right now. I can't remember if I could add names before, but I definitely can't now. I get the same spinning icon that never stops "working".
dannykos

Post by dannykos »

same for me.
martyriker

Same here.

Post by martyriker »

I'm a Bishop, and can't add to this list. Can only the Exec Sec?
jkwatson

Can't Add to Member Focus List

Post by jkwatson »

mao2 wrote:You're right, I can't add names right now. I can't remember if I could add names before, but I definitely can't now. I get the same spinning icon that never stops "working".

I am also unable to add anyone to the list. When I type a name to search in the "Add to List" bar at the bottom, a search indicator starts spinning, but no members are found.

I can, however, find members using the Member Lookup function on the menu bar near the top, however that does not allow me to add them to the Member Focus List.

I had started using this feature, and it is disappointing that I can no longer use it (it hasn't been working for a few weeks now).

I submitted feedback on the website. Does this thread get noticed by anyone?

--Jason
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

jkwatson wrote:II submitted feedback on the website. Does this thread get noticed by anyone?
These forums are mostly community users. Occassionally we get a Church employee to respond. I suspect that with the next version of the calendar and directory coming out next month that a lot of effort is being put into getting those done. We do know that feedback submitted does get read. With the significant number of messages they get there is little chance to get a response.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”