Leader and Clerk Resources access on new.lds.org

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
tortdog

Post by tortdog »

Thanks, Tom. I will forward that to our stake too for distribution to the units.

So the calling's rights "stack" on each other, sounds like. An exec sec has no admin rights to calendar per

https://tech.lds.org/ldshelp/index.php5 ... /eng#Wards

So that would explain why I am not with calendar rights.

This says that exec sec should have access to Leader and Clerk Resources, but I don't and LUS shows me as exec sec.

https://tech.lds.org/ldshelp/index.php5 ... ces_access

Might try calling them again.
tortdog

Post by tortdog »

New LUS guy (supervisor) corrected info. Sounds like he's confirming to what this forum is saying. He thinks that somehow my rights were corrupted, and suggested removing the entire exec sec position from MLS, send/receive, then create exec sec again, put my name in and send/receive and see if that would "take".

He confirmed that rights should "stack".
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

tortdog wrote:Thanks, Tom. I will forward that to our stake too for distribution to the units.

So the calling's rights "stack" on each other, sounds like. An exec sec has no admin rights to calendar per

https://tech.lds.org/ldshelp/index.php5 ... /eng#Wards

So that would explain why I am not with calendar rights.
I think that page is incorrect. Our Exec Sec has admin rights to the calendar and last time I looked at the community version of the source code (which is somewhat out of date but not that far), the Exec Sec did have rights.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

tomjohnson1492 wrote:You can see all the rights and roles for the calendar here: Rights and Roles. Specifically, see the Administrators section.
It might be worth having someone regenerate the screen shot with some kind of standard Windows theme and not the green window with the red title bar. I know that someone likes that color scheme, but I know it's not me.
tomjohnson1492-p40

Post by tomjohnson1492-p40 »

tomjohnson1492 wrote:It will be published either in the LDS Tech articles section or the wiki. I'm actually wondering about the redundancy of information channels. Wiki articles have longer life and serve as reference information, while blogs serve as news channels. Maybe the blog should highlight and excerpt new content from the wiki?
Re the article, I decided to include the information here instead: Leader and Clerk Resources.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

@tortdog,
For the new calender, approvers have administrative privileges. An approver is not linked to MLS standard positions. An approver can be member designated by a default approver. The default approvers are linked to standard MLS positions. The only difference between an approver and a default approver is that an approver cannot designate another approver or see the list of other approvers.

Approvers have managing powers for all calendars. The only exception is for private calendars. They can't see or manage events for a private calendar.

The ability for default approvers to designate other approvers greatly enhances the management of the calendar. This enables the unit leadership to be relieved of this responsibility. In this regard the new calendar is much like the classic calendar when it comes to who can manage it.

This is different for the directory. Those who can manage the directory are linked to standard positions in MLS. Members cannot currently be designated to manage the directory like they can in the calendar.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
tomjohnson1492-p40

eblood66 wrote:I think that page is incorrect. Our Exec Sec has admin rights to the calendar and last time I looked at the community version of the source code (which is somewhat out of date but not that far), the Exec Sec did have rights.
Re exec sec rights to the calendar, my mistake. It was accidentally left off the list of admin roles in the doc (now that's fixed). Exec secs should have calendar admin rights.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

tomjohnson1492 wrote:Re exec sec rights to the calendar, my mistake. It was accidentally left off the list of admin roles in the doc (now that's fixed). Exec secs should have calendar admin rights.
And when you say calendar admin rights you are talking about a default approver, correct?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
tomjohnson1492-p40

jdlessley wrote:And when you say calendar admin rights you are talking about a default approver, correct?
You're right. The current calendar doesn't use the term "administrator." The next version will, but I see that I've used a potentially confusing term in the help. I'll update the help to use "default approver" rather than administrator. Thanks,

Tom
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

tomjohnson1492 wrote:You're right. The current calendar doesn't use the term "administrator." The next version will, but I see that I've used a potentially confusing term in the help. I'll update the help to use "default approver" rather than administrator. Thanks,

Tom
Actually, if you have the ability to change the terms used, I think the term administrator is more appropriate for the current term default approver. That way when there are discussions about administrators (currently default approvers) and approvers there is a differentiation and less confussion. IMHO.

So the terms used with the calendar would, from higher privileges to lower, would be administrator, approver, editor.

Note: If there is further discussion on this topic I will move this post and any that follow to another thread.
JD Lessley

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”