Leader and Clerk Resources access on new.lds.org

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
williamjackson

Post by williamjackson »

Alan_Brown wrote:The wiki search is admittedly not very good. But Google is your friend. Just search for "site:tech.lds.org/wiki <search terms>" and you'll find relevant wiki articles.
I have found that using Google is better when searching the forum, too. "site:tech.lds.org/forum <search terms>"
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Alan_Brown wrote:Google is your friend. Just search for "site:tech.lds.org/wiki <search terms>" and you'll find relevant wiki articles.
subtlecoolness wrote:I have found that using Google is better when searching the forum, too. "site:tech.lds.org/forum <search terms>"
Thanks, both. Never would have thought of that.
tortdog

Leadership positions seem out of sync

Post by tortdog »

So I get that LUWS is falling away, so I won't worry about that.

Our MLS is currently up to date. The SP member (the one tech savvy) and I have both done everything we can think of to give me rights to update the new lds.org. I'm exec sec with every permission available in MLS, and the SP has given me every authority that he can at the ward level to make online changes, and yet I still don't see online tools for making changes to the new lds.org.

I can log into cdol.lds.org and modify information.

I can't log into http://new.lds.org/leader (denied access). We synced the MLS system on Sunday (not sure if that would do anything, but we figured why not).

Neither SP member nor I can figure this out, and we're probably the most technical among the leaders.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

tortdog wrote:I'm exec sec with every permission available in MLS
For the new lds.org websites MLS permissions don't do anything.
tortdog wrote: I can log into cdol.lds.org and modify information.
This sounds like your calling is correct in MLS which should give you rights.
Can you see your calling in the directory?
tortdog wrote: I can't log into http://new.lds.org/leader (denied access).
I don't know the status of new.lds.org anymore. Have you tried https://lds.org/leader

If your calling is showing in the directory and it has been there for a few days then you will need to send feedback from the lds.org page or call LUS.
tortdog

Post by tortdog »

ryan jones wrote:This sounds like your calling is correct in MLS which should give you rights.
Can you see your calling in the directory?
Yes. It has me listed as exec sec.
I don't know the status of new.lds.org anymore. Have you tried https://lds.org/leader
Same result.
If your calling is showing in the directory and it has been there for a few days then you will need to send feedback from the lds.org page or call LUS.
Will do (soon as I find the LUS number).
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

tortdog wrote:Will do (soon as I find the LUS number).
All the LUS contact information is on the wiki at Local Unit Support.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
tortdog

Post by tortdog »

Just got off the line with LUS. Apparently only three callings (not people) can make calendaring changes and have online tools at ward level:

* bishop
* clerk
* ward web administrator (WWA)

No one else (including counselors and exec sec) can do this. It's all calling driven. Since our Bish 2d counselor is WWA, LUS thinks that he probably cannot do anything as well. Apparently the bish counselor "authority" will trump the WWA authority, so you can't assign a bish counselor to WWA or you effectively lose that position.

LUS confirmed this happened with stake presidency, a position trumped the stake web administrator's authority so no one could make a change.

So what to do when a bishop and the clerk are both gone? There is no means to make a replacement. You can't sub someone in (obviously you can't change names for those positions, they are MLS callings). You are kind of stuck until they get back (or they can act via the web). Would be nice to allow local units to grant authority as they see fit for changes.

In our case, our clerk is gone for 6 months. Bish wanted me (exec sec) to take over all the web stuff, but obviously I can't. (That's okay for me!) Bish is on vacation so now we have to "release" the bish counselor from WWA and put someone else (prob me) in that place.

If anyone has clarification, would be nice. Sure would be nice to have all this laid out so we wouldn't have to try and figure it out on our own.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

tortdog wrote:Just got off the line with LUS. Apparently only three callings (not people) can make calendaring changes and have online tools at ward level:

* bishop
* clerk
* ward web administrator (WWA)
Each tool on the new lds.org has slightly different access rules but this is definitely not correct for the calender tool. For the calendar tool, all members of the bishopric, the ward clerk, the executive secretary, all assistant ward clerks and the website administrator all have administrative rights. Likewise for the equivalent stake positions for the stake calendar. Having multiple callings provides access given by the union of all callings. One calling doesn't trump any other.

For the Leader and Clerk Resources tool all bishopric members, the ward clerk, the executive secretary, all assistant clerks (except the financial clerk) and equivalent stake positions all have access.

I've verified that all these positions have access in my ward.
tortdog

Post by tortdog »

Well, she was a very nice sister at LUS. She even called in for backup. So I guess we are back to square one, not knowing how to fix it.

BTW, she had confirmed that I am exec sec in her system. When I login to lds.org, I see no tools for leadership, and no access to the leader web site.
tomjohnson1492-p40

Post by tomjohnson1492-p40 »

You can see all the rights and roles for the calendar here: Rights and Roles. Specifically, see the Administrators section.

Callings with access rights to Leader and Clerk Resources are listed here.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”