Leadership tools -Beta

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
dannykos

Post by dannykos »

mkmurray wrote:So I wouldn't be surprised if the report very closely mimics the same functions from the MLS report and not much else.
it does do just that and nothing else. There is some duplication between that report, and the 'interviews' item.

And to answer the other question, no the MLS report didn't track interviews for recent converts.
dobrichelovek

Interviews

Post by dobrichelovek »

Basically I was trying to figure out how the interview list worked, because the first time I saw it, it was not populated at all, and I didn't see a way to fill it in. Today when I look, I see that it is now automatically populated and has a list of those individuals who are on the Action Interview list in a task-list type of application, meaning that I can check them off as they have their interviews and then hide those who are checked off, if so desired.

The individuals that are there range from those who need baptismal interviews to those who need advancement and annual/semi-annual interviews with the bishop. For now, it seems to be restricted in scope to those parts of the Interview list that are current interviews for the bishop only. It looks like counselor interviews are not reflected.

I just didn't quite know what to make of this list, since it wasn't initially populated, but now that I see what it is, I appreciate that it will be a useful tool.
dshep2020

Post by dshep2020 »

I am a member of a bishopric and don't have access to these. Any reason why? Seems kinda of odd. Would REALLY like to have access to this info via the web. Is there any date when bishopric members can expect access?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

dshep2020 wrote:I am a member of a bishopric and don't have access to these. Any reason why? Seems kinda of odd. Would REALLY like to have access to this info via the web. Is there any date when bishopric members can expect access?
They started with bishops and clerks. I know that they are working on councilors/assistant clerks now, but I don't know when they are expecting to have it ready.
bradweech

Post by bradweech »

ryan jones wrote:They started with bishops and clerks. I know that they are working on councilors/assistant clerks now, but I don't know when they are expecting to have it ready.

I'm the assistant stake clerk over all of this for our Stake. Any idea when I'll get information or access? There are many things going on in our Stake that this will have an impact on and will change the decisions and current efforts of so many. It would be good to know what is coming so that we don't waste time on other endeavours that will be changed by this.
tortdog

Post by tortdog »

Is there a location in which callings and access granted from SLC is laid out? We want our RS president to have access to the tools, but are not sure if she has that right. She says she can see nothing. Similarly, we'd want our EQ President and HP Group Leader to have access.

In our case, we want them to see the current recommend status of the members of their quorum. The members of the Bishopric have that access, but we're not sure about the others. Would be nice to know what they are SUPPOSED to see, since I know that sometimes the calling "rights" do not follow and we need to call local support to get it fixed.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

tortdog wrote:Is there a location in which callings and access granted from SLC is laid out? We want our RS president to have access to the tools, but are not sure if she has that right. She says she can see nothing. Similarly, we'd want our EQ President and HP Group Leader to have access.

In our case, we want them to see the current recommend status of the members of their quorum. The members of the Bishopric have that access, but we're not sure about the others. Would be nice to know what they are SUPPOSED to see, since I know that sometimes the calling "rights" do not follow and we need to call local support to get it fixed.
The list of callings with access is laid out in the help system under Callings with Leader and Clerk Resources access. You'll note that at this point quorums and auxiliaries do not have access.

But since things like home and visiting teaching are mentioned in the Roadmap, I'm guessing such access will come at some point -- of course, what a particular person can see will depend on their calling.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
RossEvans

Post by RossEvans »

aebrown wrote:The list of callings with access is laid out in the help system under Callings with Leader and Clerk Resources access. You'll note that at this point quorums and auxiliaries do not have access.

And even all the callings listed in that page do not have access to the temple recommend status that tortdog is referring to. See this recent thread. The general issue is the same: Access online is hard-wired to callings, even though local bishoprics might decide to grant access in local MLS. This is by design, and I know of no plans to give local priesthood leaders the ability to grant such access online.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

aebrown wrote:The list of callings with access is laid out in the help system under Callings with Leader and Clerk Resources access. You'll note that at this point quorums and auxiliaries do not have access.
I will echo that not all callings on that list have access to the Leader and Clerk Resources yet. As an assistant clerk I have but access to CDOL and no other tools beyond normal membership access. If I try to go direct to the link lds.org/leader I get an access denied. But it is coming as described in the Help.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

That page is a bit out of date. As I STS, I do have access. But it only brings up resources for my calling - sort of like a Wiki page. I don't get any tools for membership or any other dynamic content. I don't have the "Resources", "Organizations" or "Reports" as shown on that page.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”