Leadership tools -Beta

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
natedavis

Post by natedavis »

http://beta.lds.org/leader does work. So, I will use that when needed up until the move happens. Thanks!
dannykos

Post by dannykos »

WOW oh WOW!!! check: new.lds.org/leader

totally awesome!!!

• Just been looking at the graphs for my wards key indicators… fantastic.
• Full action and interview list - perfect!
• Callings by organisation is just a big long list really - showing evey possible calling - and those that are filled. Does give some ideas for potential callings that could be extended though

There seems to be a bit of menu duplication too - with a couple of items listed under more than one heading.

Anyhow - it's all good :)
falisrm-p40

curious

Post by falisrm-p40 »

i don't have access to the new program but i'm curious to know what exactly you can do with the new leadership tools. I think this is a very good idea for the members to have and will help the wards out a lot. Can someone just list some of the new things you can do with it?
dannykos

Post by dannykos »

here's some screenshots of the menus currently available:
Attachments
Screen shot 2010-09-12 at 22.12.33.jpg
Screen shot 2010-09-12 at 22.12.33.jpg (10.84 KiB) Viewed 1676 times
Screen shot 2010-09-12 at 22.12.46.png
Screen shot 2010-09-12 at 22.12.46.png (80.97 KiB) Viewed 1671 times
Screen shot 2010-09-12 at 22.12.49.jpg
Screen shot 2010-09-12 at 22.12.49.jpg (18.3 KiB) Viewed 1673 times
falisrm-p40

Post by falisrm-p40 »

wow, thanks for the images. It makes perfect sense for members to be able to work on their ward from home. They will be able to accomplish a lot without wasting time traveling to the actual building just to look up information and so forth.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Just to be clear, this isn't for members. It's for leaders.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dannykos

Post by dannykos »

there are still some areas that I hope are being addressed, such as home teaching, auxiliary & quorum organisation, and hopefully even finance reports… but overall - it's brilliant.

imagine being able to see the tithing status report, and schedule tithing settlement appointments right there and then! woohoo!!
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

It goes without saying that these are leader tools, not member tools. I see these expanding more than can be done now with just MLS on the desktop computer at the meetinghouse.

The screenshots above indicate that those are largely tools for the bishopric. However, I see another level for like EQ presidents, auxiliary heads, and maybe a level for members to do things like home teaching reports.

For example, if it could be put in, an RS president could take a paper food order, get the information, then go in and check off items and load quantities, then the bishop can review it, make needed changes or adjustments, then after doing any other work, sending it off electronically to the storehouse for filling.

I see the HT/VT reporting matter discussed here in the past ending up as a module, with the EQ president and HPGL seeing things from the member side app after it has been ported in much the same way that things are moved from one leader to another during the missionary process. The member would see only those they were assigned to and enter whether they visited or not, the leader would see all families in the group or quorum.
dobrichelovek

Interviews

Post by dobrichelovek »

First, thanks for all the hard work and foresight to create these tools. I'm pleased that they have already provided our bishopric with a simpler way to get to some of the information we need.

Now, the Interviews Resource under the Leader and Clerk Resources... Should I assume this is a preview of a not-yet-fully implemented resource? :o

I am excited to use it, though, as it would work well as a place to keep the bishop informed as to upcoming interviews. There is a link to the Action and Interview list. Does this imply that I might be able to schedule an appointment from there, the Member Focus list, or the general directory? Also, is there a location where these leader resources/ new tools are documented (like help/instruction) similar to this? :
https://tech.lds.org/ldshelp/index.php5/Main_Page

The reason I ask is I would like to bring these things to the attention of the Stake, since they should be prepared to support the use of these resources well before the full GA release of these tools. Such a page would help me to point them to something more concrete that might discuss the Stake vs. Ward aspects of this and other pieces that are already in place (I'm thinking calendar and resource responsibilities, which have clear Stake requirements). Of course, I'd be happy to help with content, if there was a Wiki page set up for just this purpose. ;) (I also wonder if any of this will be reflected in the new Handbook material coming out in November... )

Thanks.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

dobrichelovek wrote:There is a link to the Action and Interview list. Does this imply that I might be able to schedule an appointment from there, the Member Focus list, or the general directory?
Historically, the "Action and Interview List" got it's name from a report in MLS. The function of this report was to inform the Bishop of upcoming interviews that should happen because of age or a certain period of time has passed. Things like yearly interviews with youth, overdue priesthood ordinations, or children approaching the age of 8 getting ready for baptism (does anyone know if it also tracked interviews that should happen for newly baptized converts?).

So I wouldn't be surprised if the report very closely mimics the same functions from the MLS report and not much else.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”