CDOL 2.4.1 Release

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

ryan jones wrote:That being said someone recently gave some rights to Ward Assistant Clerk - Membership and didn't give them all the rights of other callings. I need to find out if they should have rights (I would be in favor of it) and if so confirm that they should match the other ward level rights.
Ward Assistant Clerk - Membership has now been given the same rights as Ward Clerk. :)
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

ryan jones wrote:Ward Assistant Clerk - Membership has now been given the same rights as Ward Clerk. :)
That's good, but what about other assistant clerks at the ward level? It seems a bit odd that the membership clerk would be singled out. Other assistant clerks may very well have many of the same needs. For example, an assistant clerk with responsibility for statistics may need to contact a variety of auxiliary leaders, so that information would be helpful.

At the stake level, all assistant clerks have access to "Show All Positions" in the CDOL. Why not do the same at the ward level?
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

Alan_Brown wrote:That's good, but what about other assistant clerks at the ward level? It seems a bit odd that the membership clerk would be singled out. Other assistant clerks may very well have many of the same needs. For example, an assistant clerk with responsibility for statistics may need to contact a variety of auxiliary leaders, so that information would be helpful.

At the stake level, all assistant clerks have access to "Show All Positions" in the CDOL. Why not do the same at the ward level?
At the ward level the only other standard assistant clerk position is finance.

Also now everyone in the ward has the ability to see all positions (currently only the standard positions) through the beta directory.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

ryan jones wrote:At the ward level the only other standard assistant clerk position is finance.
That's not true. There is a Ward Assistant Clerk standard position in both MLS and CDOL.
ryan jones wrote:Also now everyone in the ward has the ability to see all positions (currently only the standard positions) through the beta directory.
That's true, but I don't see how it bears on the question of which ward assistant clerks have rights to login to CDOL, and what permissions they have once they have logged in.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

ryan jones wrote:All the callings that have rights to CDOL (see here) have rights to see "Show All Positions" within their Stake/District.

That being said someone recently gave some rights to Ward Assistant Clerk - Membership and didn't give them all the rights of other callings. I need to find out if they should have rights (I would be in favor of it) and if so confirm that they should match the other ward level rights.

zaneclark - since you are a membership clerk that is why you don't see any additional callings in your ward.
Thank you for responding...I was curious as to why I now had at least some access to CDOL. I hope this is a permanent change and also that full access might be coming. As the ward membership clerk and web administrator for both the ward and stake it would be advantageous to have this access occasionally.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

As a side note, why are these recent posts on this topic not showing on the home page under Recent Forum Posts?
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

ryan jones wrote:Ward Assistant Clerk - Membership has now been given the same rights as Ward Clerk. :)
This is great but now I can see my own ward, and nothing in the stake or other wards in the stake. Maybe this a trade-off.... full access for my own ward in exchange for no access to others...:-)
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

zaneclark wrote:This is great but now I can see my own ward, and nothing in the stake or other wards in the stake. Maybe this a trade-off.... full access for my own ward in exchange for no access to others...:-)
That was a minor:o mistake by the person granting rights. And I missed it when I looked at the rights too.
It has been fixed now
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

ryan jones wrote:We have released CDOL version 2.4.1.
For the full list of changes see the release notes.
If you see any problems please report them through the feedback link in the application, or here in the forum.
OK, here is where I am with CDOL. I am the membership clerk and as of today I have access to CDOL or at least the access I need most. I can get into all the positions in my ward and in the stake but only the bishop in any other ward. The access I have is the most useful to me, but access to positions in other wards would be helpful at times.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

zaneclark wrote:OK, here is where I am with CDOL. I am the membership clerk and as of today I have access to CDOL or at least the access I need most. I can get into all the positions in my ward and in the stake but only the bishop in any other ward. The access I have is the most useful to me, but access to positions in other wards would be helpful at times.
That is what has been given to ward callings with CDOL rights.

Stake level callings that have rights can see all callings for their stake and all child units. Ward level callings can see all callings for their ward and their stake.

For all other units they can both see just the callings on the summary page. For a Ward that is just the Bishop. For a stake it is the Stake President, 2 councilors, patriarchs, all clerks (including assistant), executive secretary and assistant executive secretary.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”