New CDOL problem loading with Safari

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
mprusse
Member
Posts: 228
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:01 pm
Location: Littleton, CO-USA
Contact:

New CDOL problem loading with Safari

Postby mprusse » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:55 pm

I'm attempting to load & log into the Church Directory of Organizations and Leaders (https://cdol.lds.org) and getting the following error when using Safari on my Mac:

This page contains the following errors:
error on line 57 at column 50: Attribute type redefined
Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.

I do not have this problem with Firefox nor have I had the problem in the recent months using Safari. Can other Mac users using Safari confirm this problem? How do we report this problem?

Thank you.

User avatar
mkmurray
Senior Member
Posts: 3241
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:56 pm
Location: Utah
Contact:

Postby mkmurray » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:22 pm

macsense wrote:How do we report this problem?

There is a Feedback link in CDOL after logging in (even if you don't have permissions to use any of the content on the site, as I don't).
Many questions are already answered on the LDSTech wiki. Check it out!

User avatar
aebrown
Community Administrator
Posts: 14693
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah

Postby aebrown » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:28 pm

macsense wrote:I'm attempting to load & log into the Church Directory of Organizations and Leaders (https://cdol.lds.org) and getting the following error when using Safari on my Mac:
...
I do not have this problem with Firefox nor have I had the problem in the recent months using Safari. Can other Mac users using Safari confirm this problem? How do we report this problem?


The same problem occurs with Safari on Windows, so it seems to be related to the Safari browser on any OS. I have used the feedback mechanism of CDOL to report the problem.

For those who are interested, it appears that there is a <button> element (id="j_submit") at the indicated location that has two "type" attributes. They both have a value of "submit", so they are redundant. Other browsers ignore the duplicate attribute, but Safari refuses to render the rest of the page, which makes it impossible to login (since it's the Submit button that doesn't get rendered). This seems to be a new problem with rev 2.3.2, which just went live yesterday.

User avatar
cottrells
Member
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:14 am
Location: Bournemouth, UK
Contact:

Postby cottrells » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:35 am

Alan_Brown wrote:The same problem occurs with Safari on Windows, so it seems to be related to the Safari browser on any OS. I have used the feedback mechanism of CDOL to report the problem.


It's not just Safari. The same error is displayed when using Google Chrome.

lajackson
Community Moderators
Posts: 6144
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:27 pm
Location: US

Postby lajackson » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:07 am

macsense wrote:I do not have this problem with Firefox


Just for the record, I do have display problems when I use Firefox (3.5.5) on Win XP Pro. Some of the menus at the top right appear as a single line. I have learned what and where they are, but if I want to actually see them, I have to fire up IE, and I do not do that as a rule.

User avatar
aebrown
Community Administrator
Posts: 14693
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah

Postby aebrown » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:17 am

lajackson wrote:Just for the record, I do have display problems when I use Firefox (3.5.5) on Win XP Pro. Some of the menus at the top right appear as a single line. I have learned what and where they are, but if I want to actually see them, I have to fire up IE, and I do not do that as a rule.


Have you checked that since Monday (14 December 2009)? I had those problems previously with Firefox as well, but no longer with rev 2.3.2 of CDOL, which I was very happy to see.

So at the same time the new problems with Safari and Chrome were introduced, the problems with Firefox were corrected (see Job 1:21).

lajackson
Community Moderators
Posts: 6144
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:27 pm
Location: US

Postby lajackson » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:14 pm

Alan_Brown wrote:I was very happy to see.

. . . the problems with Firefox were corrected (see Job 1:21).


Hallelujah. Verily it is true. (2 Ne 30:17)

jbh001
Community Moderators
Posts: 854
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:17 pm
Location: Las Vegas, NV

Postby jbh001 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:11 pm

cottrells wrote:It's not just Safari. The same error is displayed when using Google Chrome.
Indicating that it is not a problem with Safari per se as much as it is with WebKit which both Safari and Chrome use.

jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee
Posts: 1455
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:12 am
Location: Farmington, UT, USA

Postby jonesrk » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:46 pm

Alan_Brown wrote:For those who are interested, it appears that there is a <button> element (id="j_submit") at the indicated location that has two "type" attributes. They both have a value of "submit", so they are redundant. Other browsers ignore the duplicate attribute, but Safari refuses to render the rest of the page, which makes it impossible to login (since it's the Submit button that doesn't get rendered). This seems to be a new problem with rev 2.3.2, which just went live yesterday.


Thanks for the tip.

This was a known issue, but we hadn't really looked at it.

With this info I was able to fix the problem quickly. Now the only downside is that you have to wait for the next release.

mprusse
Member
Posts: 228
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:01 pm
Location: Littleton, CO-USA
Contact:

How soon for the next release?

Postby mprusse » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:56 am

ryan jones wrote:Thanks for the tip.

This was a known issue, but we hadn't really looked at it.

With this info I was able to fix the problem quickly. Now the only downside is that you have to wait for the next release.


Any timeline on when that release will be available? I use Safari almost exclusively and need to be in CDOL quite frequently. It's just an inconvenience to have to launch FireFox for CDOL. But I'll try and be patient.

Thanks.


Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests