LCR Expenses Entry Errors

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
cjbeckert

LCR Expenses Entry Errors

Post by cjbeckert »

I've been receiving reports today from multiple units unable to enter expenses in the LCR. After entering all required info and uploading documentation they've receive an error when selecting Save:

"Uh oh! We're Sorry ... It looks like something went wrong which prevented the page you requested from displaying. Sorry for the inconvenience that this may have caused!"

We've all had to revert back to checks through MLS only in order to process expenses. I along with a couple of our units first noticed this problem yesterday and the same error randomly occurs when viewing details of transfers, expenses, and deposits.

Any word out there on what may be going on? Perhaps fall out from the domain shuffle? How wide spread is this beyond our stake in Ohio?
Biggles

Re: LCR Expenses Entry Errors

Post by Biggles »

We had issues last Tuesday and early Wednesday morning. By Wednesday evening the issue had been resolved. I also suspect that the problem then was due to the domain name shuffle. The problem on Tuesday evening initially started with every time the Expense tab was selected it went to the personal Donations tab. Wednesday morning we had the issue described by cjbeckart. FWIW - We are 7 hours ahead of Salt Lake, which would have coincided with the potential work being carried out.

I haven’t done any reimbursements since then, so can’t confirm whether the issue has returned. It of course might be due to server issues, which seem to manifest themselves almost every Sunday these days.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

We did one earlier in the week this week and another one this morning. No issues with either one.
mvowles311

Post by mvowles311 »

I ran into the same error in the same time frame. Last Sunday I noticed that the expense I was entering had found its way through the system. I had already printed a check through MLS and had to void the LCR version.
mvowles311

Post by mvowles311 »

Nope. Ignore my previous reply. Looks like now when printing checks from MLS, they show up in the bishop's approval queue in LCR. I guess I'll have to figure out how to untangle my voiding...
Joelongson

Post by Joelongson »

It looks like this error message keeps happening for us. It seems like it is most commonly occurring when I try to upload receipt images. I'm using a Mac OSX machine BTW in case that helps, but I've had it also happen on Chrome on our PC in the clerk's office.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Joelongson wrote:It looks like this error message keeps happening for us. It seems like it is most commonly occurring when I try to upload receipt images. I'm using a Mac OSX machine BTW in case that helps, but I've had it also happen on Chrome on our PC in the clerk's office.
The problem is not on the user end but with systems at church headquarters. All of the recent changes such as the domain name change with website migrations and program changes require extensive reprogramming and rewriting for all the interrelated sites and programs. Unfortunately when one issue is fixed another pops up. LCR finances have been a long running round of issues fixes and repeat issues as the developers work to implement changes and resolve the issues that pop up. The word of the day, week, month ... is patience. I, for one, have been experiencing the plague of LCR Finance failures, error messages, loss of server connectivity, and even corrupted data entry for weeks.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”